• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where can Horf go?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just thinking about Horf. I've been concerned about him... but he's a RFA next year. My thoughts are what teams would pay high dollar for Horf?

NJ = Probably not. Favors is there and I think he's going to be a killer PF along with Lopez at C. They won't send big money for Horf.

NY = IFFY. For years, NY has been in need of a big. They now have Stoudamire. They will lose Curry's contract and have some money to spend next offseason. But that's an undersized Frontcourt.

Minny = Iffy. Similar to NY. They have traded away Jefferson. Now they have Love there. However, I doubt that they want to go back to undersized.

Denver = Possible. They will lose a lot of people. I suspect that if they don't trade him, Melo is gone. Then there's a team option on Chauncey (that they can hold off on signing). Plus, Kmart comes off and Nene has a PO.

Detroit = Nobody is minding the store. They lose a few big contracts and will have money.

Cleveland = Won't have the money.

OKC = has it set up to lose everybody at the same time. Lots of decision will be made but they are a threat.

Bottom line is this. There are only a handful of teams who can afford Horf. The question is what will we do?

We must keep Horford, period!

He's our most reliable player, a true winner! :handshake:

Yup.

Class act. Born leader. Brings his game every night. Improves every year. Now that he has the 15-18 ft. jumper, the sky's the limit.

He needs to being playing PF though. This is year four of him playing center, and that's a shame. I know Smoove is the main reason why, but still. Horf shouldn't be banging with the "real" bigs night in and night out like he does.

• Like 2

Yup.

Class act. Born leader. Brings his game every night. Improves every year. Now that he has the 15-18 ft. jumper, the sky's the limit.

He needs to being playing PF though. This is year four of him playing center, and that's a shame. I know Smoove is the main reason why, but still. Horf shouldn't be banging with the "real" bigs night in and night out like he does.

Horford is the kid that has his head straight!

As you said, he's a true leader, vocal, and by example... I wouldn't mind if Hawks would mold the profile of this team after Horf's example, his DNA!

I'm confused. It's a Diesel post and I can't find the "trade Marvin" in it.

As for Horf, he's my favorite Hawk - more than JJ or Smoove. He's a hard worker, intelligent, and never gives up. I'd do whatever it takes to keep him.