• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Fantasy League

Buzzard

I just started a new fantasy league at PASPN. Hope to make it a keeper. PASPN is a little different than most leagues, in that each player must pick a NBA team and their starting lineup is how you begin. Then trades and draft start followed by free agency just like in the NBA every year. Here is what bird_dirt posted in a earlier thread:

bird_dirt, on 06 July 2009 - 11:15 PM, said:

I just read about this in ESPN Mag.

www.paspn.net

it's a pretty new fantasy website. in it, you can sign up to be either a gm of one of the 30 existing nba teams, or you can be an agent. basically, if you're an agent, you do whatever you can to get "your" players signed onto nba teams and on their weekly 8 player rosters. the more your players are used (and put up real stats), the more points you accumulate. if you're a gm, you start with an existing nba team's roster and then mould it through free agency and trades. you inherit all the players, salary cap restrictions and luxury taxes and have to abide by the existing nba collective bargaining agreement. once the season starts, you select your 8 man roster each week and get points based on those players real life performances. PASPN.net uses a version of the NBA's Efficiency Stat Points as the games fantasy point system.

( (PTS + TRB + AST + STL + BLKS) - ( (FGA - FGM) + (FTA - FTM) + TOV )) * PASPN.net = FBPTS

(( (PTS + TRB + AST + STL + BLKS) - ( (FGA - FGM) + (FTA - FTM) + TOV )) * PASPN.net) / G = FBPPG = Fantasy Basketball Points Per Game

The better your players perform in real-life games, the more points they earn for your Fantasy NBA team or Sports Agency.

it sounds like a pretty cool concept, a little different from the standard fantasy league draft and play. i thought about dr. z while reading about it. i don't have the time or patience to do the whatifsports stuff he posts about (gming and coaching a team/program from here to eternity).

i've registered, but haven't joined a league yet. thought i'd let anyone else here know about it in case there'd be any interested parties in joining in, too. btw, it's free, too.

Below is the link to the league home page. All here on the Squawk are welcome. In fact needed as I consider this to be the most knowledgeable board on the web. Sorry but as commish I already took our Hawks; but there are 26 team openings left. And if you want to try your hand as a agent, go for it. Draft is August 11th so plenty of time to pick your team and setup your draft list.

My League user name is davycrockett and my chatango chat name is Davycrockett1958

http://www.paspn.net/default.asp?p=90&leagueid=6246&seasonid=54

Edited by Buzzard