• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have interest in Earl Boykins

Blunt91

• Premium Member

Personally, I'm glad to see Boykins signed w/ MIL... renews my hopes that there's still a bold trade out there somewhere that will give us more certainty at the point and a solid big man... had this went through, that would convey to me that Sund was essentially ready to enter the season with the same deck of cards that we finished 2010 with... unlike last off-season when I thought we needed to see how much internal growth the roster would generate, and though I think there's still some room for growth, we just didn't see enough last year to suggest that we can look for much in that way in the coming year

• Like 1

We are NOT interested in Boykins anymore....Signing Boykins would make no sense... and anyone who posted in here saying "good deal" or "i'm ok with this" something is wrong with you. We have enough guards. We need a big.

Think outside the box a littlle A11....Is their a rule about all players feet having to touch the floor during the game? We could resign Mario West (strong as a bull and good defensive footwork) and have him play with Boykins on his shoulders (Boykins is silly-quick and at 8'9" would be an awesome shot blocker). Combined they would still likely have the mobility and hops akin to big Z. Then we just play a variation of the triangle-and-two. West could even let him down occasionally in the half court offensive sets.

(just a thought) :kickcan:

Seriously though - I've always liked Boykins if we could get him cheap.