• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Derek Lee a Brave!

CBAreject

Hope it works out with Derrek. Do we have to go with Glaus at 3rd once he returns from the DL? I'd rather go with the little man (Brooks Conrad) from here on out.

~lw3

The Glaus at 3rd proposition is more to save face, I think. The Braves want it to look like they gave Glaus every opportunity but his legs just failed him. This looks a lot better than releasing him outright. He needs a couple months off to be able to play again, and when he does, he should be a DH. A week off is not going to limber up those knees. If by some miracle, he actually recovers in these 2 weeks, it would be great to have him as just a RH bat off the bench. He can be a torrid hitter when he's healthy. If he recovers enough to play 3rd, we'd play Infante in LF and Prado at 2nd in that scenario and go with a nice looking lineup like this

Infante

Heyward

Prado

Lee

McCann

Glaus

Gonzalez

Melky/Ankiel

P

Edited by CBAreject
  • Like 1

Robinson Lopez was the top prospect the Braves gave up.

Also gotta to +1 Troy Glaus for suggesting moving back to 3B. I know he's struggled for the past 2 months but without him the Braves aren't a 1st place team and if he can get back to productive (not even May-June Glaus) it's huge .

The Glaus at 3rd proposition is more to save face, I think. The Braves want it to look like they gave Glaus every opportunity but his legs just failed him. This looks a lot better than releasing him outright. He needs a couple months off to be able to play again, and when he does, he should be a DH. A week off is not going to limber up those knees. If by some miracle, he actually recovers in these 2 weeks, it would be great to have him as just a RH bat off the bench. He can be a torrid hitter when he's healthy. If he recovers enough to play 3rd, we'd play Infante in LF and Prado at 2nd in that scenario and go with a nice looking lineup like this

Infante

Heyward

Prado

Lee

McCann

Glaus

Gonzalez

Melky/Ankiel

P

Melky needs to be in the lineup regularly, in LF or CF. He's been hitting over .300 since May.