• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

5th St Cafe Review

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://clatl.com/atlanta/eno-by-zaza-becomes-5th-street-cafe-in-midtown/Content?oid=2010352

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlanta-GA/5th-Street-Cafe/109193969126018

I forgot to do my Buckhead Bottle Bar review back in June, so I'll do one of those when I get back.

Got a chance to check out 5th St. last weekend, it's been reopened for a couple of weeks:

* Interior is way nicer than the prior version (Eno), they could use a less diner-sounding name to attract people

* Not sure how the "Bakery" will work on the side with the cafe's layout (where the winery used to be), didn't look like much

* Decent service and waitstaff, a tad slow though, definitely an after-event place (not if you're dining and planning to get someplace else like the Fox on time)

* Not a drinker, but the wine selection is significantly smaller; go to BBB if you're in it for the drinks

* Menu doesn't always highlight the ingredients in what comes out (ex. "corn ravioli" had sausage, spinach, etc. -- not on the menu)

* Appetizers, salads, soups are kind of bland and leave much to the imagination

* Please, enough with the garlic fries as a compulsory side with EVERY entree! Felt like I'm getting supersized at McDonald's. If you're going to feature fries on your menu, they'd better be special (these certainly weren't)

* No chance of avoiding high-carb entrees here. Trout was wrapped up in something like six slices of bacon. Go for broke with the filet instead and get the mac-and-cheese instead of the fries (sides are generally ample for sharing)

* Probably worth waiting a bit to go while their chef (the ex-BluePointe guy) tweaks the menu... Between the two Zaza ventures, BBB has it together much better than this place so far

~lw3