• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Francoeur, Texas Ranger

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://www.ajc.com/sports/francoeur-traded-to-rangers-603991.html

The first-place Texas Rangers acquired outfielder Jeff Francoeur for their playoff push Tuesday night, just hours before the deadline for players to be eligible for the postseason roster.

The New York Mets traded Francoeur and cash to Texas for infielder Joaquin Arias, who was designated for assignment last week when Alex Cora was called up by the Rangers.

"I have an opportunity to go with a team that will be in the playoffs," Francoeur said. "I feel comfortable going out there."

The strong-armed Francoeur is hitting .237 with 11 homers and 54 RBIs and leads the NL with 11 outfield assists. Arias batted .276 in 50 games for the Rangers, including 22 starts. He had two stints on the disabled list.

Texas had been looking for a right-handed hitter to come off the bench for the final month of the season and its expected postseason appearance.

~lw3

"Texas had been looking for a right-handed hitter to come off the bench for the final month of the season and its expected postseason appearance."

I hope it works out for him. Even as a power hitter you need to be hitting better than .237. Although he's going to a playoff team, this is still a step down to backup. I hope he can pick that up and have a decently long career.

That said....I'm very happy with our current right fielder...Mr. Hay!

"Texas had been looking for a right-handed hitter to come off the bench for the final month of the season and its expected postseason appearance."

I hope it works out for him. Even as a power hitter you need to be hitting better than .237. Although he's going to a playoff team, this is still a step down to backup. I hope he can pick that up and have a decently long career.

That said....I'm very happy with our current right fielder...Mr. Hay!

Frenchy is the most disappointing Brave of all-time. I put him ahead of Brad Komminsk, bc Brad was never good at the MLB level. Frenchy was turning into close to an all-star level player, it appeared, and then he declined abruptly. It's hard to believe he once drew comparisons to Vlad.