• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Talk Soup... Target Orlando.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have been doing some reading on the Magic lately... and here's what I have found.

I believe that it very possible that Orlando has the prettiest situation in the league... Maybe next to Utah.

Anyway, Orlando is built on the back of T-Mac.

I believe this yr, Hill is coming back and that will cause all sorts of problems at SF. Plus Orlando has a glaring need for a PF and MOST OF ALL... A C. Any Center will do.

They have Steven Hunter and they drafted Rashard Griffith. Neither guy is looking good right now. The need for C grows day by day.

So what does Gabe do. Here's his options:

1. Make a trade now and spend some money to get a C and make a run for the championship.

2. See how far T-Mac and Hill can take you and save all your pieces for Duncan.

As I put those options into the Dieselputer, I found that the only thing that makes sense is to Put together the best team NOW (THROUGH TRADE) and see if it's possible to get Duncan with what you have left next yr.

So with that, here's what I believe will happen.

First they have to get rid of Armstrong. He's a very good PG, but they don't need him. Last yr, Troy Hudson showed them that anybody can run the show.

A trade that is lying in wait for them is:

Armstrong/Reid for Fortson. I think GS would do it because they need a PG badly and Fortson is not high on their priorities right now.

Secondly, they still need a C.

Here's where we come in...

Deal #1

Nazr/CC for Declerq/Miller. This deal has every bit of opportunity of happening. As I read, I began to notice that this deal just might happen... Maybe not this exact deal but the Nazr for Miller. The reason being is that Nazr is a cheap fix for C, also,they cannot afford to pay Miller all that money. If this deal goes down, look for it to happen after Nazr hits BC2 Status.

Deal #2

Theo/CC/Vaughn (SNT) to Orlando for Hill/Hunter. Hunter is not a great C yet... But he's a shot blocker. He's the right price. However the particulars for this deal is great. Atlanta could use Grant Hill in so many ways.

First and foremost... If he is healed like his doctor says, he would be such a great marketing tool. He would actually give the team a persona that the fans could identify with. As much as JT and SAR try, neither have the celebrity that Hill has.

Secondly, Hill is a great all around player. Offensively he passes, Rebounds, and Scores really well. How does that help... Welp, It helps because JT is still not a great passer. Hill is a player that teams would HAVE to respect. Couple that with SAR and JT and we could easily challenge for the east.

Why does Orlando do the deals?

Deal #1.

Nazr would be a quick fix. He's not great but he's cheap. Him and Fortson would rule the boards. Unfortunately neither could match T-Mac's defensive presence.

Deal #2.

Well, this is a good question. However the answer is simple. Theo is a good shotblocker. Not a great defender but he would help establish Orlando as a good defensive team. Plus JV would replace Armstrong. Miller would then become the player that is important.

I think Deal #2 would be better if they have hopes of going after Duncan.

Reason being is that they would be under the cap enough to go after Duncan but in the same light they could offer Fortson and Picks for Duncan (SNT). Then they have a great Lineup...

Theo/Duncan/Miller/Tmac/Hudson.

That's not all, if they don't get Duncan... Oneal, Malik Rose, and a few more Pfs would still be out there available.

Theo/Oneal/Miller/Tmac/PG!!!!!

The same is available with Nazr.. .However, with Hill still on the roster, there's a lot of money that they cannot get rid of by trade...

• Admin

I would do deal 1 as long as Declerq is in the trade. We will need a bu center and Miller would be a great addition to our roster. I think he is what we are needing for a starting sf. We need to get rid of some of the other sfs (Toni, CC, Ira) if this deal happens.

Hill healthy is a great player. I really don't like the combo of Hunter/Nazr as our centers. The thought of a team that put Hill/SAR/JT on the floor together would be scarey. However, look how successful the Cassell/Allen/Dog trio has done without a good center. I think I want Theo as our starting center this coming season.

• Premium Member

Cassell/Allen/Big Dog

are not the same as:

JT/SAR/Hill

First off, Milwaukee was a team that had a sensitive balance that was terribly disrupted with the addition of Mace. I told you doubters that he would be the downfall. Their problem was they had no low post presence. The other problem is that they were all selfish.

JT/SAR/Hill are the model of unselfishness.

Plus, a companion to that trade would be trading for Dale Davis. He's got about 3 -4 more yrs in him. He's a great low post presence.

Moreover, you got to look at the coaching of that squad. That squad never thought about defense. That's Karl's fault.

If Kruger can't coach these three allstars, then we need to get Chuck Daly in here immediately..

If not Daly then somebody who understands the game.

I agree with you 100% Diesel.

JT/SAR/Hill are all unselfish. There would be so many assist with that team that we would think Jason Terry was Jason Kidd. I think they could each still drop 18-20PPG in on a regular basis.

The other part of the story is that that is not all we have. Milwakee's next best player is Tim Thomas. Our next best player is/will be DJ. Ours will be on the floor at the same time as these 3. There is a sub for one of them.

JT/DJ/Hill/SAR/Dale Davis is a starting 5 that anyone in the league would love to have. Who do you double? How do you double them without the other one killing you? You have great offense with average Defense who would play as a team.

That would be a fantasy!!!!