• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Alarm clocks

DJlaysitup

Now I hope all of you gentlemen and ladies stay married for all of your natural life...but i didn't. I got through the raising the kids time and then my bride and I drifted apart...alas.

Once back on my own I thought to myself - there are TWO noises that I never (ever) want to hear again as long as I live...#1 the alarm clock...#2 the buzzer on the dryer that then gives you a few more minutes - then buzzes again.

My ex thought of herself as a "morning person" so she set the alarm WAY early so she could do her hours worth of preparatory work and then get in to work by 8 am. I, on the other hand, didn't need to get to work until 9 and didn't need near the prep. work.. So the dang alarm clock started buzzing at about 6:45 every morning. She hits the snooze button. Then 9 minutes later the dang thing goes off again. She hits the snooze button. After at least five or six iterations of this every morning she would get up. By that time I had been hearing the flocking clock go off so many times that there was no way to go back to sleep for a few minutes.

Since we split (but are still good friends) I haven't owned an alarm clock and never will. I let the sun wake me up in the morning...much less stress....the sun doesn't buzz. :bedtime2:

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 3