• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Love is a Monster

Eddielives

I can't believe how good this guy is at rebounding. I was listening to the B.S. report with Bill Simmons podcast the other day and they were talking about Love. A big reason he is such a good rebounder, they said, is that he studies angles basically. He has an uncanny mathematical ability to predict where it is most likely a shot is going to ricochet off the rim and positions himself accordingly. There has to be something to this because it's not like he is an athletic freak like Dwight Howard. Not to mention the guy is putting up numbers that I think could make him the first 20 point 15 rebound guy in a long time.

Rebounding has never been about height, length or athleticism, it's about positioning, IQ and effort. I think we've talked about it ad nauseum concerning Smoove and how given his physical tools if he just applied himself mentally he could have Ben Wallace/Dennis Rodman type impact on the boards. It really is a shame though because plenty of people over on RealGM think that what Love and Griffin are doing is just putting up empty stats because it's "impossible" for bigs to be so dominant yet still be on losing teams in their minds. What Love is doing is ghastly and will go down in the books, he shouldn't be punished for being saddled with a young team and coach that don't know yet how to win in this league.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe how good this guy is at rebounding. I was listening to the B.S. report with Bill Simmons podcast the other day and they were talking about Love. A big reason he is such a good rebounder, they said, is that he studies angles basically. He has an uncanny mathematical ability to predict where it is most likely a shot is going to ricochet off the rim and positions himself accordingly. There has to be something to this because it's not like he is an athletic freak like Dwight Howard. Not to mention the guy is putting up numbers that I think could make him the first 20 point 15 rebound guy in a long time.

I remember an interview with Rodman where he said he did the samething. He watched a lot of tape on how the ball comes off the rim given a type of shot. He'd then work to get to that spot on the floor. Great rebounders are students of the game.