• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Bucks?

Randy

I was born and grew up in Canada. I have been through blizzards and snow storms but I can tell you there is a big difference between the type of snow that the north gets compared to the 'ice' that the south gets.

You can still drive up there if you can get through the storm and I do agree the north is better able to handle the snow up there.

I have been in some ice storms down here and you just can't go out and drive in it. Its best to just stay inside. It is like glass and the fact that people also do not have snow tires (studded) makes a big difference. Until I lived through it down here in the south I would have had the same opinions. However, they will never understand until they experience it down here.

Yeah cap - I lived out in Denver for a few years and remember taking the perimeter road to work one morning in my little Civic Hatchback. It was after about 8 inches of snow and I could hear the snow sliding by under the floorboard. Still, it was cold crystalyne snow and you could actually get a bit of a grip (kind of like driving a boat)....this ice stuff is a different deal...no grip and no hope on turns.