• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Bucks?

Randy

Think there will be a game Tuesday? I'm guessing not. :snowballfight:

My guess is the game will be played...opponents are already in town. Half or more of the fans will be shut out from attending due to iced roads/common sense.

I haven't even driven out of my place yet due to the total lack of attention to any secondary roads - but I would guess the main arteries have at least been sanded and driven on a bunch.

Should be a good game - MILW is a pretty good team.

Time to go deer hunting.

The 2nd and 3rd level roads in the city are ice slicks. I live on top of a hill and there is no way I'm going down it. Seen a couple of cars "try" to get up, not a pretty site.

• Moderators

Bucks will be alright, as long as they got cable and some good BBQ they'll be fine. The wildcard question now is how either team gets outta town.

Besides, the Bucks will have Michael Redd back by March! Along with a certain Slam Dunk Contest runner-up.

~lw3

Bucks fans reacting to the news.

:snowballfight:

"We've all gone to games at the Mecca or BC during a Blizzard. I realize Atlanta isn't prepared to handle that one inch of snow they got, but if both teams are there, you still play the game, even if only 3,000 people show up. The thing is televised. People can watch from home"

I think the poster has a point there....except for the fact that there would be few service people there. I hiked over to Krogers yesterday and saw 6 cars on the road (one ended up backing into a sign when the JEEP spinned around). Today I drove around a bit in my neighborhood and it was a total mess...everything frozen.

Man, this ice is intense. Walked 6 miles to a buddy's house and back to mines in the ice and snow, the roads are complete ice. There was a neighborhood entrance I passed on my way there, the entrance leads uphill, there must've been at least 20 cars parked there from getting stuck.

Over here in Gwinnett, we got 6 inches of snow including the ice layer on top. If conditions in Atlanta are anything like where I am, they should postpone the game.

• Admin

I was born and grew up in Canada. I have been through blizzards and snow storms but I can tell you there is a big difference between the type of snow that the north gets compared to the 'ice' that the south gets.

You can still drive up there if you can get through the storm and I do agree the north is better able to handle the snow up there.

I have been in some ice storms down here and you just can't go out and drive in it. Its best to just stay inside. It is like glass and the fact that people also do not have snow tires (studded) makes a big difference. Until I lived through it down here in the south I would have had the same opinions. However, they will never understand until they experience it down here.

Canceling this game was the right thing to do. There is no reason to put so many people at risk for a game that can be rescheduled, and I am not just talking about fans, I mean the employees, refs, and players (they don't have super vehicles either). There could have been some bad situations for a lot of people if this game had went on tonight.