• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Realgm article on Hawks trade needs

coachx

Are you assuming that they won't have Melo and Nene or that they won't be traded for equal salary? I have to assume that they'll either keep those players or trade for equal salary and then they have $46 million already on the cap for next year and that's if they don't bring back K-Mart or JR Smith and they don't trade them for non-expiring contracts and I highly doubt that they just let both of those players fall of the cap without bringing one of them back or making a trade, especially in the case of JR Smith who could definitely bring back a quality player.

They are likely to bring back Smith as they are likely to keep Billups. Melo and Nene are the ones I see getting moved. I don't see any scenario where Billups is traded especially to the Hawks. Nene can get them value. Billups can't. Sorry but Monta and Iggy>>>Jamal. Billups wants to be there too.

If they bring back Martin, it's for small amount. Smith should get a decent deal. I am not a CBA expert so when it comes to that, I can't say and I have to talk to others who are.

Once again, it's highly unlikely. If they get Chandler and others, expect rebuilding but if Bynum is really on the table from LA, you might as well keep the team together. Even the Chad Ford wacky rumors make Denver look good. http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36925

Edited by nbasuperstar40

If I were the GM and I traded Carmelo then I would also start the rebuilding and trade Billups. Since I don't think that the Nuggets GM is a total idiot then I'd assume he would do the same. Just because you haven't heard that the Nuggets would be looking to move Billups if they traded Melo doesn't mean anything.

• Moderators

If I were the GM and I traded Carmelo then I would also start the rebuilding and trade Billups. Since I don't think that the Nuggets GM is a total idiot then I'd assume he would do the same. Just because you haven't heard that the Nuggets would be looking to move Billups if they traded Melo doesn't mean anything.

Other than the fact that Billups is very popular in Denver and plans on joining the management team for the Nuggets when he is done playing, this is the only view that makes any sense from a basketball perspective - especially when you layer on the fact that they have a very promising young PG already on the roster to whom they can turn over the position.

I think that in reality Billups is goign to be gone next season. But it just doesn't make sense to keep him under the circumstances. He is definitely worried about being traded somewhere as cap relief where the team wouldn't pick up his team option but when it comes to down to it I think he will gladly go to a contending team.