Jeff Teague: A Trade Target?

MrNique

Shawn Marion, anybody? Dude has one if the ugliest push shots in the league and has had a very good career, granted he obviously plays/played a very different game than Teague. Still, you don't have to posses a textbook jumper to be successful, you need the opportunity to show you can be and Teague simply isn't getting that.

And how many successful guys are there in the league with shots like that? There's Marion and.....

Marion is an athletic freak that can defend multiple positions and rebound. He can contribute in a lot of ways besides scoring. Teague can't .

And how many successful guys are there in the league with shots like that? There's Marion and.....

Marion is an athletic freak that can defend multiple positions and rebound. He can contribute in a lot of ways besides scoring. Teague can't .

Hence why I made a point to say that Marion plays a very different game than Teague... Guess you missed that, though.

Teague is an athlete also and can contribute on D a whole lot better than anyone else we throw out there at opposing team's PGs.

Edited by WakaFlocka

Hence why I made a point to say that Marion plays a very different game than Teague... Guess you missed that, though.

Teague is an athlete also and can contribute on D a whole lot better than anyone else we throw out there at opposing team's PGs.

If Marion's game is very different from Teague then it is pretty pointless to bring his name up for comparison purposes.

Being better than Bibby on D is hardly a feather in his cap.

There are very few players in the NBA who are successful with such a low release on their jump shot. There is a reason for that.

If Marion's game is very different from Teague then it is pretty pointless to bring his name up for comparison purposes.

Being better than Bibby on D is hardly a feather in his cap.

There are very few players in the NBA who are successful with such a low release on their jump shot. There is a reason for that.

How so...? The comparison was simply in their shot, which is why I made it clear that everything else was different between Marion and Teague. Others brought up Eric Gordon, who's release isn't near that of Marion and Teague, and I don't see you saying anything about that...

How so...? The comparison was simply in their shot, which is why I made it clear that everything else was different between Marion and Teague. Others brought up Eric Gordon, who's release isn't near that of Marion and Teague, and I don't see you saying anything about that...

I am not saying anything about that because i haven't been in that discussion.

I have mentioned Teague's poor form on his shot being a big hindrance with his game. The only comparison that you were able to come up with was Marion whose game is completely different from Teague. That should be self explanatory.

Since you admit that Marion's game is very different from Teague's then why did you even bring him up in the first place?

There haven't been many successful guards in the NBA, especially small guards, who shoot like girls. Hence the chances of Teague being successful are pretty slim.

Edited by exodus

I am not saying anything about that because i haven't been in that discussion.

I have mentioned Teague's poor form on his shot being a big hindrance with his game. The only comparison that you were able to come up with was Marion whose game is completely different from Teague. That should be self explanatory.

Since you admit that Marion's game is very different from Teague's then why did you even bring him up in the first place?

There haven't been many successful guards in the NBA, especially small guards, who shoot like girls. Hence the chances of Teague being successful are pretty slim.

Are you serious... how dense are you?

The comparison was simply in their shot, which is why I made it clear that everything else was different between Marion and Teague.

That's why.

Are you serious... how dense are you?

That's why.

So in other words it has no relevance to the thread. This thread is about Teague. His shot is a major hindrance to his game. Marion has a completely different game from Teague. Hence Marion's ability to be successful with that shot has no relevance to Teague.

Thanks for playing.

So in other words it has no relevance to the thread. This thread is about Teague. His shot is a major hindrance to his game. Marion has a completely different game from Teague. Hence Marion's ability to be successful with that shot has no relevance to Teague.

Thanks for playing.

I'm glad you finally grasped what I stated in my first post ITT. All I did was bring up the comparison between Teague and Marion's shots. Nothing more, nothing less.

No need to be so condescending, bud.

Edited by WakaFlocka

I'm glad you finally grasped what I stated in my first post ITT. All I did was bring up the comparison between Teague and Marion's shots. Nothing more, nothing less.

No need to be so condescending, bud.

LOL @ calling me condescending after also calling me dense. Are you familiar with the story of the pot and the kettle?

Teague's jumper is pretty much a career killer. Marion's success with an unorthodox shot is irrelevant to Teague because Marion brings so much else to the table. Teague doesn't.

Edited by exodus

just think if we would have passed on teague and drafted dejuan blair..

I really wish we could just hire the Spurs whole scouting department and whoever runs their draft. To me that's been the whole key to their success, and I think it's underrated because a lot of people think "Well, pretty much anyone can win if they've got Tim Duncan", but the way the Spurs have been able to keep adding around him and continually keep reloading year after after year by finding useful players all over the place and at any point in the draft despite their always being so low in the draft. Looking at a 12 year span, they were able to parlay a #57, a #28, a #55, a #26, a #28, a #28, a #28, a #26, a #45, a #37 pick into Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Luis Scola, John Salmons, Leandro Barbosa, Beno Udrih, Tiago Splitter, George Hill, Goran Dragic and DeJuan Blair, all of whom are productive NBA players and many of which form the heart of the current Spurs, the others traded off to acquire other productive players and/or picks.

And you contrast that 12 year run of brilliance with our own sad, sad, sad draft history even though we've drafted MUCH higher than the Spurs have, and it's just downright painful to think about. The only Hawks draft picks we've still got on our team over that same time span are Josh Smith, Marvin, Horford and Teague. That's it, and all those others- Mottola, DerMarr, Terence Morris, Pau Gasol, David Andersen, Travis Hansen, Diaw, Royal Ivey, Donta Smith, Childress, Salim, Solomon Jones, Shelden, and Acie Law, they're all gone, with us having virtually nothing to show for ever having draftied them at all. Many of those guys are out of the NBA, the rest (with the exception of Gasol) with butts firmly planted to benches in various NBA cities, and nearly all were bitter disappointments.

I think that not only does San Antonio do a hell of a job scouting and drafting players, especially international ones, but they also do a fantastic job of teaching and developing those players once they get them into their system. We seem to just basically draft guys and then let them rot on the bench for a period of a few years before ultimately getting rid of them in favor of veteran mediocrities like Etan Thomas and Mo Evans. There seems very little effort at player development going on at all here.

• Like 1