• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

... if we want to win...

T21

... I've always been the fan of our continuity, building from within, sticking with our core... For one, it's more fun than buyin' LeBronz!

However... if we want to move forward, we must question our strategy and previously made decisions along the way and try to find ways to turn this team into true championship contender... regardless of our ownership, realistically speaking. That's what we all want!

There's probably only one way of doing this... which inevitably carries some difficult decisions...

Most of us are (more-less) emotionally tied to this current group of players (at least I am...), but in order to move forward our "CORE" must shrink to 2 names basically... Al and JJ!

I know that I'll cause different reactions by stating this, but in my opinion it's the only way to get things done.

We must actively pursuit adequate upgrades at C and PG even if it cost us Smoove... (Jordan/Kaman & B-Diddy, Dre & Pryzz, Nene & Billups, Steph & Biedrins...). I still have tough time persuading myself into trading Josh (and other pieces), but like I've said tough decisions must be made.

I just threw few names out there, because in the end the final call would naturally be up to our management and ownership...

I just want to express my opinion and hear what do you think... is this the strategy we should follow in order to get the best results...

• Like 4

• Premium Member

AMEN.

I've been saying that for a LONG time. Before the playoffs last year. Not necessarily that Smoove has to be traded, but that the problem is at our 4/5 and that one of the two would need to be dealt to get the piece we truly need.

Thing is, we don't have a 1-2 punch. We got JJ and whoever else decides to step up on any given night. Horford is showing the most heart, and is the 2nd most consistent & efficient scoring option we have. At a minimum, we need to be going through him more often. Ideally, I'd like to see Josh AND Joe (Mr. I FLY UNDER THE RADAR) stripped of their captain status and leave it with Horford to get after people.

But this is our beloved Hawks we're talking about.......we know where this season and all decisions therein are going.

I would add that we need a coaching philosophy that puts Horford on the low or high block and feeds him the ball. Horf can score in the paint, he just needs the plays that give him the ball there.

• Like 2