• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is our window!

Diesel

• Premium Member

As I look at the east and some of the moves that were made in the East, I think that this year... We can make it out.

I think that some teams have weakened themselves and others just didn't do anything.

For example:

Miami : Great big three... but no C and no PG... We can beat them.

Orlando: Trading in tough rebounding for Gun play. In a 7 game series, we have a better shot at them than we had before.

Boston: Biggest surprise of them all... They reloaded. No doubt. They got Green to replace KG... But they gave up Perk. Now their bigs are: Shaq, Oneal, and Nenad... We can beat them.

The only team that stands defiantly in our way is Chicago. They are more complete than the rest, but in a series, I have to believe that we can out vet them.

So that's it. This is our window. Next year, all these other teams will be better, but for now, this is our shot. This is our chance. LET'S GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
go%20ahead.gifI like it. It's better then crying about the trade [ which i don't understand, i would've hate to see this board if we did'nt make one] but not only is it good to see, it very true. We can beat anybody in the east with the team we have now. The talent is there,all we have to is be HIGHLY ACTIVE.

• Premium Member

go%20ahead.gifI like it. It's better then crying about the trade [ which i don't understand, i would've hate to see this board if we did'nt make one] but not only is it good to see, it very true. We can beat anybody in the east with the team we have now. The talent is there,all we have to is be HIGHLY ACTIVE.

I figure it will take a few weeks to work out the chemistry. However, we have exchanged a High BBIQ with a High BBIQ... Bibby is a coaches so and so is Hinrich. I don't think it will take Hinrich long to figure things out. The real question is defense. If this 6'4" PG can bring a high level of defense, we may be able to shut down other Pgs dominating us. We have made a really good move here. All eyes should now be focused on Smoove. With him not having to cover for Bibby, Smoove should be able to defend his man more successfully.

• Premium Member

I figure it will take a few weeks to work out the chemistry. However, we have exchanged a High BBIQ with a High BBIQ... Bibby is a coaches so and so is Hinrich. I don't think it will take Hinrich long to figure things out. The real question is defense. If this 6'4" PG can bring a high level of defense, we may be able to shut down other Pgs dominating us. We have made a really good move here. All eyes should now be focused on Smoove. With him not having to cover for Bibby, Smoove should be able to defend his man more successfully.

Several negative comments about this trade did not factor in the impact Hinrich can have on the rest of the team, especially on the defensive end. If he can help reduce the amount of dribble penetration, that puts less pressure on the back line defenders allowing them to play straight up on their man. Subtle point but very important in the overall scheme.

• Premium Member

Several negative comments about this trade did not factor in the impact Hinrich can have on the rest of the team, especially on the defensive end. If he can help reduce the amount of dribble penetration, that puts less pressure on the back line defenders allowing them to play straight up on their man. Subtle point but very important in the overall scheme.

Yeah, and I didn't think about one offensive point. We might be able to get out and run with a PG combo of Hinrich and Teague.

I think Bibby's game was to be OG and to hit threes. Hinrich's game will be floor general. Even if we don't run, having the ball out of Joe and Jamal's hands and allowing the offense to MOVE will make our offense a little more efficient (in my opinion).