• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh probably will play Sunday

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2011/03/05/atlanta-hawks-josh-smith-seeks-clear-mind-to-play-with-knee/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

“It feels good,” Smith said. “I’ve just got to get [accustomed] to that brace. For the most part it felt all right. I think at this point it is going to be what it is. I’m just going to get treatment as much as possible and try to go tomorrow.”

Wish he would stay out long as possible. The Hawks are turning into a bunch of attention clowns. He is only coming back because the game is on ESPN. I am starting to see a bunch of egos on this mediocre squad. It's frustrating to see, I would rather accumulate wins than egos. They are also trying to make a rivalry out of a team that is barely relevant in the Knicks. There rivals should be the Magic, Celts, and Thunder, teams that beat there brains out consistently are the games they should be circling not a lesser opponent like the Knicks

Edited by Superiorblogman

After reading the blog, I get the impression that Josh is smart but also very delusional. This quote really shows it for me:

“We allowed [penetration] and they got all the way to the rim,” he said. “There was no real resistance once they broke us down. We didn’t give any hard fouls, we didn’t step up and take charges. We just had no real physical presence after we were broken down.”

When has Josh been the enforcer on this team and given a hard foul this season? I certainly can't remember.

Wish he would stay out long as possible. The Hawks are turning into a bunch of attention clowns. He is only coming back because the game is on ESPN. I am starting to see a bunch of egos on this mediocre squad. It's frustrating to see, I would rather accumulate wins than egos. They are also trying to make a rivalry out of a team that is barely relevant in the Knicks. There rivals should be the Magic, Celts, and Thunder, teams that beat there brains out consistently are the games they should be circling not a lesser opponent like the Knicks

Hello, Pot. Meet Kettle :sarcastichand:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

After reading the blog, I get the impression that Josh is smart but also very delusional. This quote really shows it for me:

When has Josh been the enforcer on this team and given a hard foul this season? I certainly can't remember.

I believe that was a Larry Drew quote.

{“He’s definitely an anchor back there,” Larry Drew said of Smith. “But we are also going to have to have a total commitment from everybody else to playing with more of a physicality. I thought the Oklahoma team out-toughed us. They ‘grinded’ it out down low, they got after a lot of loose balls, they got some offensive rebounds, they drove it. We are going to have to more of a presence in that paint area, with or without Smoove.”

The soft interior D was a focus of Atlanta’s video session today. Drew said Atlanta’s troubles containing Russell Westbrook and James Harden on the perimeter were just part of the problem.

“We allowed [penetration] and they got all the way to the rim,” he said. “There was no real resistance once they broke us down. We didn’t give any hard fouls, we didn’t step up and take charges. We just had no real physical presence after we were broken down.”}

Josh doesn't give hard fouls, but he does take more charges

than anyone else on the team....or tries to get a call by flopping .

:derisive: