• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kirk's Talent bein wasted at the 2!

LastDon

I know Larry Drew says that starting both guards speeds the tempo but I mostly saw Kirk spotted up in the corner the last 2 games..I like Kirk he is a good point guard but Who is a Legit starting point in the league..he jus isn't a good fit with our starting group because of the other 4 guys insistence on shooting jumpshots and his lack of penetration ability..therefore Teague should start..however Kirk at the 2 puts him at a disadvantage by takin the ball out of his hands and also waist the good on ball d he provides at the one..we could have a lethal combo wit Teague starting as the x factor and better fit with the 1st group and Hinrich as the stablizer and perfect fit with Jamal if Teague goes floater crazy..

Lethal combo, Don? I admire your zealous support of the Hawks, but admittedly you're a homer through and through. Kirk and Teague are league average and below average PG's respectively. Which order we play them in or whether they share minutes on the floor is unlikely to influence the outcome of games. Our team got marginally better by adding Hinrich, but the fact is we still lack the talent to compete with the top 4 seeds in the East. Everyone got excited when we edged the Bulls, but they turned around and blew us out. We are probably the 6th best team going into the playoffs, and I'm not sure Indiana won't pass us next year. Funny thing is, if we'd simply drafted Granger instead of Marvin, we might stand a chance to go past the first round this year. As it is, we will have to make some very substantial and unlikely moves to become a contender; e.g. trading for Howard. More likely, we will end up going through another tank cycle before we break into the top 3 again.

Lethal combo, Don? I admire your zealous support of the Hawks, but admittedly you're a homer through and through. Kirk and Teague are league average and below average PG's respectively. Which order we play them in or whether they share minutes on the floor is unlikely to influence the outcome of games. Our team got marginally better by adding Hinrich, but the fact is we still lack the talent to compete with the top 4 seeds in the East. Everyone got excited when we edged the Bulls, but they turned around and blew us out. We are probably the 6th best team going into the playoffs, and I'm not sure Indiana won't pass us next year. Funny thing is, if we'd simply drafted Granger instead of Marvin, we might stand a chance to go past the first round this year. As it is, we will have to make some very substantial and unlikely moves to become a contender; e.g. trading for Howard. More likely, we will end up going through another tank cycle before we break into the top 3 again.

I beg to differ about those guys being at or below league average especially defensively Kirk and Jeff are two of the best on ball defenders in the league..Jeff hasn't gotten the minutes to get the respect he deserves as a defender but he does an excellent job in that area..Kirk is a better defender than Deron Williams CP3 gets steals but D is overrated..Nash, Parker none of those guys have better D than Kirk..so yes Teague and Hinrich have the potential to be lethal defensively and gettin the team out in transition..and on another note when Josh Smith plays with a power forward mentality the hawks have the capability to beat anyone in the east..

Josh Smith change in approach has made a huge difference for the hawks the last 2 games..when he block shots and hit the boards hard the hawks are tuff to beat..If Al Horford goes back to being the scrappy Al of old and not the jump shooting ball stopper we have seen the last 15 or so games the hawks have the capability to get deep in the playoffs

• Like 1

The thing I don't like about starting both point guards is that it takes away a guy that can stop penetration from the point guard spot with the second group..but its a numbers and Kirk makes a lot of money so management prolly wants him to start...but it jus seem like he was much more involved offensively when he was with the second group..

Edited by LastDon