• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best stories of the Braves' spring

CBAreject

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was split between Chipper and McClouth

Me, too, and I voted for Chipper, bc he means so much to the franchise, but honestly if McLouth returns to his career average numbers of about .260, 20-25 hr, .360 OBP and plays average defense in CF, it will fill the biggest void we had last year. McLouth put up possibly the worst season I've ever seen by a previously produtive player not accounted for by injury or age. I truly believe it was psychological for him, and if he bounces back, it will be nothing short of remarkable. If not, maybe he can do a Rick Ankiel and become a pitcher.

Chipper, McLouth, and third I'd say prado and how natural he looks in LF. man hoiw much I <3 him. :saythat:

You know, I didn't even think of Prado because I fully expected him to be excellent in LF. He's played 2B, 3B and 1B pretty well so far, so I just kind of expect for him to do whatever he's asked to do. He's truly a remarkable player, a self-made player, too. The Chipper and McLouth stories were much more uncertain, and still either one may take a turn for the worst. So far, Braves have to be thrilled with both early come-back stories.

I think we could add the duel for the 5th starter spot as well. Beachy and Minor are really dealing in ST. I expect that Minor will be with the Atlanta club and Beachy back in Gwinnett, but both look really strong.

I wouldn't mind moving Lowe if something comes up, like a CF or SS, as it looks like these two could successfully man the bottom of the rotation.

• 3 weeks later...

well as of right now Lowe is looking like a beast and Beachy looked fine in his first start

well as of right now Lowe is looking like a beast and Beachy looked fine in his first start

Beachy looks like he could be better than I ever imagined. I was thinking he could be a 3rd or 4th starter, but his mental/physical make-up is truly special. He was hitting 95 with a few pitches yesterday. This sounds ridiculous, but I actually think Beachy is going to be better than Tommy Hanson. Hanson can be awfully good, but he wastes too many pitches, walks a few too many, straightens out his fastball and gets it up in the zone too frequently, becoming prone to the long-ball. Beachy doesn't seem to have quite his stuff, but he keeps working to get better, adding a slider to his repertoire in the offseason and already commanding it well. He locates his fastball so well and has enough velocity to miss bats. He seems unflappable, pitching well as a call-up in a pennant race against the Phils. It's way too early to predict, but the make-up and skills are there for him to be a #2 starter.

I dont know to much about Tehran and haven't seen much of him but with everything I've read it looks as tho we have a great future ahead of us as far as pitching goes. Beachy does look great and I think Minor can be pretty good as well, I hope you're right about Beachy cause that would be great and Hanson does get out of control a lil to much but I think the guy will be great in a year or 2. and with BMac, Jason, Prado, and hopefully Freeman we'll be great on offense as well....oh and just a side note, the pen is GREAT with those young arms. Looks like we'll b fine for a while