• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if we had a NBA coach

Vol4ever

Few highlights of the Rick Sund era:

AUG 11 2008: Hawks match Grizzlies' $58M offer sheet, retain Smith

JUN 08 2009: **Breaking News** Hawks resign Zaza Pachulia (4 years)

JUL 29 2009: Hawks re-sign Marvin Williams for 5 years, $40 million

JUN 08 2010: Joe Johnson to sign a ridiculous deal with the Atlanta Hawks

JUN 13 2010:Hawks hire Larry Drew as head coach

:angry22: :angry22: :angry22:

Few highlights of the Rick Sund era:

AUG 11 2008: Hawks match Grizzlies' $58M offer sheet, retain Smith

JUN 08 2009: **Breaking News** Hawks resign Zaza Pachulia (4 years)

JUL 29 2009: Hawks re-sign Marvin Williams for 5 years, $40 million

JUN 08 2010: Joe Johnson to sign a ridiculous deal with the Atlanta Hawks

JUN 13 2010:Hawks hire Larry Drew as head coach

Anyone saying this is BK or ASG's mess hasn't been paying attention to Rick Sund.

Don't forget the extension for Bibby. The thing to me is I don't see the reason the ASG fired Knight. You would think if they thought he did a bad job, they would have done something to break up the team he put together. Instead they've rewarded his entire starting lineup.

It still baffles me how you have fans who are still so blind that even with everything thats going on the blame the teams problems on jamal playing 3-4 minutes at PG....or better yet the coach when he gave the majority of you exactly what you asked for and now you are trying to distance yourself from the mess youve helped create

It's Jamal playing too many minutes period. He stops the offensive flow, dribbles, dribbles and dribbles too much of the shot clock away only to put up an off balanced shot and can't defend worth a lick. Unless Jamal's shot is falling (which it hasn't) he is pretty much useless.

Edited by jaybird

• Moderators

I forget but aren't they currently in the middle of disputing a law firm's wording or whatnot of the original contract they got into when they bought the teams as a side effect of their battle with Belkin? Can't remember exactly but I'm sure I saw some new suit came up after they had resolved their age old one. Regardless, I find it hard to believe the owners to have gone through such a lengthy divorce settlement over the summer property only to give it away the moment they received sole custody of it.

The law suit is over and Belkin is permanently gone.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2010/12/Issue-72/Franchises/Atlanta-Spirit-Settles-Ownership-Dispute-Seeks-New-Investors.aspx

It still baffles me how you have fans who are still so blind that even with everything thats going on the blame the teams problems on jamal playing 3-4 minutes at PG....or better yet the coach when he gave the majority of you exactly what you asked for and now you are trying to distance yourself from the mess youve helped create

Who was begging for this team to become a bunch of jump shooters? Who was begging for us to stop driving the ball? Who was begging for us to position Josh at the 3pt line and let him fling 3's and long 2's? Who was begging for us not to develop our young PG?

I think you are giving people too much credit.

We had 6 years of a highly predictable and exploitable defense and offense. What we are seeing now is not an argument that change wasn't necessary. It is an argument that you still have to be smart about what you change.

Don't forget the extension for Bibby. The thing to me is I don't see the reason the ASG fired Knight. You would think if they thought he did a bad job, they would have done something to break up the team he put together. Instead they've rewarded his entire starting lineup.

They tried to keep him but the blowup was over whether he would be allowed to fire Woodson and the ASG wouldn't let him.

It's Jamal playing too many minutes period. He stops the offensive flow, dribbles, dribbles and dribbles too much of the shot clock away only to put up an off balanced shot and can't defend worth a lick. Unless Jamal's shot is falling (which it hasn't) he is pretty much useless.

Dude jamal is taking 9 shots a game in march which is well below what he took last year .

The last 5 games hes taking an average 7 shots per game and thats in 30 minutes .

Jamals been deferring basically for the past two months and most of this season dont know where you got your facts from .

http://www.ajc.com/sports/lawsuit-thrashers-owners-have-811606.html?cxtype=rss_news

That is the new suit that I was talking about and this:

“(The) Plaintiffs inability to buy out Belkin’s interest in a timely manner and the resulting cloud on their title created by the Maryland litigation interfered with operation of the franchises and specifically prevented Plaintiffs from selling the Atlanta Thrashers,” the filing says.

Is why I said it was connected to the "age old" battle with Belkin.

Anyone saying this is BK or ASG's mess hasn't been paying attention to Rick Sund.

So your good friend left because he wasn't given the power to make GM decisions and actually fire your best friend but then you think the new GM came in and was given all the freedom in the world? You must have been really conflicted during that mess.

• Moderators

http://www.ajc.com/sports/lawsuit-thrashers-owners-have-811606.html?cxtype=rss_news

That is the new suit that I was talking about and this:

Is why I said it was connected to the "age old" battle with Belkin.

They are involved in the malpractice case but Belkin isn't a party to that case and it isn't nearly as significant to the operation of the businesses. That litigation doesn't tie anyone's hands the way the Belkin case did.

Dude jamal is taking 9 shots a game in march which is well below what he took last year .

The last 5 games hes taking an average 7 shots per game and thats in 30 minutes .

Jamals been deferring basically for the past two months and most of this season dont know where you got your facts from .

That's the problem with quoting just stats...I'm not only talking about the number of shots, I'm talking about the quality of the shots and what he does within the entire offense. Holding and dribbling the ball until it gets to 2 seconds then shooting is not good ball. Further in games where we need more defense, he should not be in the game especially when his shot is not falling.

We don't need to trade Jamal!!! In the offseason, first we need to fire LD and forget about this season. We need to bring in a new coach, not just like promote Bob Bender. Then, we trade Marvin, JSmoove, and Twin to the Wizards for Rashard Lewis and Javale McGee. Look at our lineup then:

PG - Kirk Hinrich

SG - Joe Johnson

SF - Rashard Lewis

PF - Al Horford

C - Javale McGee

That's the problem with quoting just stats...I'm not only talking about the number of shots, I'm talking about the quality of the shots and what he does within the entire offense. Holding and dribbling the ball until it gets to 2 seconds then shooting is not good ball. Further in games where we need more defense, he should not be in the game especially when his shot is not falling.

well obviously you simply dont understand simply basketball concepts .

First people are complaining that jamal shouldnt be playing PG he should be playing sg

well tell me how many plays have you seen us run for jamal ? Who is creating shots for him when the ball is not in his hands ? If you are watching the games its quite obvious so talking about quality shots within our current offensive structure is hilarious the got better shots under Woody

considering the majority of his shots these days are basically spot up 3 pt shots or desperation heaves at the buzzer I dont see what you are talking about .

We need defense in every game and we dont have a backcourt players strong enough on defense to makeup for the lack of offense that we are already suffering .

As I said before if our big three was bringing every game then the claim would be valid but they are not so you have t go with players who can impact games and pick up some of the slack of your big three.

People ask why the Bulls can play so many guys and why they play so well but the answer is quite simple . Its because Rose,Deng,Noah,Boozer plays at such a consistent level that you can play role players and never have them leave there comfort zones . If those guys struggled every game like our big three well then the pressure on Korvers and Brewers to maybe create his own shot or the Taj Gibsons to give more post offense etc increases and they struggle because they cant do things at that level consistently .