Nuggets earn a spot in the top five

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

At this point last year, the Chicago Bulls trailed the Toronto Raptors by a game for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Right now, things are a little different. The Charlotte Bobcats, Milwaukee Bucks and Houston Rockets are technically still alive, but the 16 teams making the playoffs are very close to being set.

View the full article

Because in a nutshell we are "THE HAWKS"....we never get credit for when we win, it's always about what the other team didn't do to win or lose...I'm so over rankings and exposure on TV and stuff like that.

Edited by jaybird

I think Denver has demonstrated that you can get better by trading a superstar for defense and chemistry. Carmello may turn out to help New York in the future but right now it looks like a terrible trade for the Knicks. Maybe the Hawks could do the same, to a lesser degree, by trading Smoove.

• Moderators

I think Denver has demonstrated that you can get better by trading a superstar for defense and chemistry. Carmello may turn out to help New York in the future but right now it looks like a terrible trade for the Knicks. Maybe the Hawks could do the same, to a lesser degree, by trading Smoove.

New York is satisfied with the star power because it sells tickets and generates interest. Its hard to build a contender around one star who plays no defense. When you have two those other three guys just can't cover everybody. Frankly I'm happy to see Melo/Amare failing.