• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Magic(With Schedule)

PureGreatness

• Premium Member

I don't mind Doris Burke. As long as we don't get Mike Tirico I'm happy.

I have a good feeling about this series, I honestly think the Hawks have a good chance of winning. Here's why:

1. The Magic aren't the same team as last year or two years ago

2. Hedo is older and slower

3. No more Rashard Lewis with his killer 3's

4. No more Vince Carter who always seemed to play well against us

5. Arenas is "turrible"

6.JJ Reddick still has a bad back

7.Jason Richardson can get hot but the Magic don't get him the ball often

On the Hawks side:

1. Playing D12 1 on 1 with Twin will limit the Magic 3-pt shooting (in playoffs last year the defense was too unsure of what they were supposed to do - double D12 or leave shooters)

2. Joe shoud have his way with Richardson or whoever is guarding him

3. Kirk should be an upgrade over Bibby defending Jameer

4. If Josh stays in the post, they have no one who can guard him straight up.

5. Al improves jumper will pull D12 away from basket when he is guarding him

6. LD has to get Marvin involved offensively or he will disappear

7. Teague should at least get a chance to play

I know in the playoffs things slow down, but why can't we buck the trend and push the tempo a little and not allow the defense to set (I always say when we play at a faster tempo we are more effective)

:thankyou:

OR Maybe I'm just dreaming...someone pinch me so I can wake up.... :saythat: :yahoo:

Just give me something memorable...not memorable like last year but just a great moment that stays with me....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go in and play like you actually give a damn!!!! I'm supporting no matter what bc thats just what I do but I would really love to not have to deal with all the calls, text messages, and facebook messages about how much we suck this year....please and thank you!!!!!

As long as I don't have to hear about the "Sprite Spark" from Doris Burke then I don't mind her, but I'm sick of hearing how the team with the 1 point or more lead at the end of the 3rd quarter in 2K11 was the one that had the spark in x quarter and blah blah blah. :negative:

As long as I don't have to hear about the "Sprite Spark" from Doris Burke then I don't mind her, but I'm sick of hearing how the team with the 1 point or more lead at the end of the 3rd quarter in 2K11 was the one that had the spark in x quarter and blah blah blah. :negative:

LMAO!!!!!! :biggrin:

Spurtability is what I like to call it.....lol

Edited by jy21

I have a good feeling about this series, I honestly think the Hawks have a good chance of winning. Here's why:

1. The Magic aren't the same team as last year or two years ago

2. Hedo is older and slower

3. No more Rashard Lewis with his killer 3's

4. No more Vince Carter who always seemed to play well against us

5. Arenas is "turrible"

6.JJ Reddick still has a bad back

7.Jason Richardson can get hot but the Magic don't get him the ball often

On the Hawks side:

1. Playing D12 1 on 1 with Twin will limit the Magic 3-pt shooting (in playoffs last year the defense was too unsure of what they were supposed to do - double D12 or leave shooters)

2. Joe shoud have his way with Richardson or whoever is guarding him

3. Kirk should be an upgrade over Bibby defending Jameer

4. If Josh stays in the post, they have no one who can guard him straight up.

5. Al improves jumper will pull D12 away from basket when he is guarding him

6. LD has to get Marvin involved offensively or he will disappear

7. Teague should at least get a chance to play

I know in the playoffs things slow down, but why can't we buck the trend and push the tempo a little and not allow the defense to set (I always say when we play at a faster tempo we are more effective)

:thankyou:

OR Maybe I'm just dreaming...someone pinch me so I can wake up.... :saythat: :yahoo:

[pinch]

1. Yes of course they are not the same. Comparing players from last year and this year, they are better. Anti-clutch Carter replaced by JRich. Matt Barnawho? replaced by their playmaker who helped them get to the finals 2 years ago and Ryan Anderson has taken the role of Lewis except that Anderson actually rebounds.

2. True but he's the type of guy who turns it on in the playoffs.

3. Ryan Anderson

4. Yep

5. Arenas isn't going to play many minutes anyway

6. He's set to return for the playoffs but will probably be rusty and won't play many minutes.

7. Yep

Hawks:

1. Collins is SO SO SO overrated. Howard did a couple of stupid mistakes that he knows he shouldn't have done and got himself into foul trouble. There is no way that Howard is going to continue to just crash into Collins for offensive fouls after offensive fouls.

2. Likely

3. Yes, but offensively he doesn't really bring much to the table.

4. They'll find someone

5. Yeah but that isn't going to impact anything too much.#

You know people are saying the magic don't have much of a chance this year or that they aren't contenders, but that just makes no sense. Last year they were the favourites when they had a starting line up of

Nelson

Carter (disappears everytime a big game comes up)

Barnes who is just an awful offensive player

Lewis who also couldn't produce last year for some reason

Howard who had no post moves

This year they have upgraded in every single way and they've gone "mediocre" apparently. I think they can beat the bulls but I'm not sure who would win if they were to face Boston/Miami in the ECF.

Drew needs to go ahead and start teague over hinrich, just to set tempo. Hinrich is no longer starter quality in the league.

and Teague has never been starter quality so where does that leave us ?

Teague should get minutes but starting him is basically tanking because he doesnt compliment our starters at all.

Hinrich can't guard nelson and can't get by him on offense. He needs to pair up with redick when he comes off the bench. This team needs to make it a defensive struggle to have any chance. No way we can lay 95-100 each game this series, they'll be lucky to average 85 against the magic.