• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Feeling nervous about game 2...

Supporter

I dunno maybe it was just me but didn't it seem like the Hawks were making a whole bunch of hero shots (mostly Jamal). Alot of the shots that we made were contested and not open looks. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited about how the hawks played but I just don't want this to be fools gold. Half of me is expecting the Hawks to tear the hearts out of the magic completely by taking game 2 but half of me is also thinking that guys like Joe and Jamal are going to chuck contested jumpers and miss, and guys like smoove will just hover around the three point line and do nothing.

I dunno maybe it was just me but didn't it seem like the Hawks were making a whole bunch of hero shots (mostly Jamal). Alot of the shots that we made were contested and not open looks. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited about how the hawks played but I just don't want this to be fools gold. Half of me is expecting the Hawks to tear the hearts out of the magic completely by taking game 2 but half of me is also thinking that guys like Joe and Jamal are going to chuck contested jumpers and miss, and guys like smoove will just hover around the three point line and do nothing.

I can relate to that, but I do think JJ did a pretty good job of getting to the rim. I would definitely like to see Jcraw reign it in a bit next game just cause you aren't always going to hit the shots that he was hitting.

• Moderators

Hopefully they've learned that if you have a good plan and stick with it you'll have a good chance to win. This is why we only seem to win games when we lead the whole way. Too often when we get behind guys abandoned the plan during the season. There is very little chance we sweep the Magic. But if we continue to play 'the right way' we should win this series.

I think we have to watch out for Turkoglu in game 2. He could cause us problems defensively. I'm hoping we're ready for tougher D from them in game 2 because its coming. That should give us a chance to get to the line and hopefully get Dwight in foul trouble early.

We MUST be ready because you know the Magic will be coming out pissed off. There is no way we hit shots like we did in game 1. That was an aberration i think. Smoove and Horford need to attack inside on Howard and Hedo. There is no excuse for Smoove to not take it inside every time on Hedo. He can't guard him. I just hope Joe, Jamal and Hinrich can keep hitting shots.

• Like 1

I keep hearing about the tougher D...where? from who? Turk, Jameer, Redick, JRich, QRich, Anderson, Bass, Arenas? - I don't think anybody can call them defensive players. Pietrus was their best wing defender, Wince wasn't half bad against JJ either.

I do think that Turk will look to be more aggressive and shoot more instead of passing so much.

We MUST be ready because you know the Magic will be coming out pissed off. There is no way we hit shots like we did in game 1. That was an aberration i think. Smoove and Horford need to attack inside on Howard and Hedo. There is no excuse for Smoove to not take it inside every time on Hedo. He can't guard him. I just hope Joe, Jamal and Hinrich can keep hitting shots.

I hope they come out pissed ,Dwight especially. Remember that T he got in game 1? One more and he's suspended for a game isn't he? Correct me if i'm wrong, that's just the impression I was under in terms of playoff rules.

So hey Dwight, please do come pissed off and whip the ball at Twin's head. You could use a break..see you game 4!

I hope they come out pissed ,Dwight especially. Remember that T he got in game 1? One more and he's suspended for a game isn't he? Correct me if i'm wrong, that's just the impression I was under in terms of playoff rules.

So hey Dwight, please do come pissed off and whip the ball at Twin's head. You could use a break..see you game 4!

I think they said it's 7 technical fouls in the playoffs before a suspension. It's definitely more than 2 though.

Theres no way that Jameer is going to hit 20 points in a quarter again, that was just random and out of nowhere.

But i do see Dwight geting 30 + points but if the rest of the team plays like they played in game 1 , we should win by 20 + points.

I think they said it's 7 technical fouls in the playoffs before a suspension. It's definitely more than 2 though.

Gothca, thanks for the info. Regardless though, 2 techs in one game and he's gone. Here's hoping :biggrin: