• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Keys to a Game 6 Victory...

Colin

Alright, we are in the position we all wanted us to be in when we looked at this series from the beginning; a chance to close it out at home. Sure, game 5 wasn't the prettiest game in the world, but I was a little skeptical of our ability to hold Orlando to 2/23 threes again, especially at home and in an elimination game for them at that.

WE WILL WIN TONIGHT, and this is what we have to do to make that happen...

1. Come out with energy, score the first points, and make sure to do it efficiently. No Josh jumpers to start the game, no JJ fade away threes or Jason Collins shot-clock beating jumpers. Hinrich around a screen for an open jumper, Josh on a hook inside, JJ on a little floater in front of Dwight, something along those lines. I never understood why our players don't like taking their most high percentage shots; sure, we have some boneheaded plays sometimes, but shouldn't every player want to perform as efficiently as possible? If we leave our fans standing up for 3 minutes without a FG, they won't be behind us. This is not hard at all, if we come out looking like we're going to play the smart game, Orlando will adjust, and at the very least, we'll have more separation on our outside looks. I know we are still the Hawks, so dumb shots are to be expected, but having two days to draw up plays to start a game should enable us to do something better, at least at the beginning.

2. HARD FOULS- No more JJ wrist slapping, Josh Smith pushes and Horf touch fouls. If we foul someone, make it count. Especially on Jameer and Dwight. So Zaza and Collins need to be ready to play like men (On that note, i'm kinda worried about Collins, he looked winded after 3 minutes last game...)

3. Do not double Dwight. Fight through screens.

4. Don't let up if we get the lead LARRY DREW. Just because we are up by 15, doesn't mean you can let Josh Powell get abused by Dwight and run a stagnant offense. PILE ON THE POINTS if we get ahead, I am tired of starting the second quarter strong, getting a double digit lead and then letting them back in before the half.

5. (This is the one I think we'll have the most trouble with, because it just isn't anyone's style). Get Dwight and Turkoglu in foul trouble. If we take out their height, we get the advantage. If we don't have to play Collins or Zaza, because Bass or Ryan Anderson is playing center, we gain the advantage. Horf/Smith/Marvin/JJ/Hinrich (Insert Craw for Marvin if we don't need Marvin's defense, which, by the way, I think will be really important on some of their long shooters tonight.) is a strong defensive and offensive unit.

6. Last but not least, EXPLOIT THE MISMATCHES. If Jameer or Gilbert is guarding JJ, POST HIM UP, kick it out on the double and we'll take the open shots. Don't kick it to Josh though. Too many times, JJ, Craw and Josh are way too slow swinging the ball when the double team comes to them, like they aren't even expecting it. Know that you're going to be facing added pressure, anticipate, and kick the ball out in rhythm.

We are in the drivers seat still, we just have some Steven-Seagal-Movie villain trying to kick our windshield in, let's peel off on them and leave them in the dirt.

GO HAWKS. :clapping:

• Like 1

What you don't think we can win by hitting 50% of our FT's while their raining 3's on us every time down? :no2:

Must you ask all these hard questions just before tipoff?

You know, if the Hawks hang on to the ball when they go inside, they just might score or

get fouled... Maybe both. When that ---and one!--- call comes for us, it's pretty nice, especially

if they hit that free throw.

:clapping:

Must you ask all these hard questions just before tipoff?

You know, if the Hawks hang on to the ball when they go inside, they just might score or

get fouled... Maybe both. When that ---and one!--- call comes for us, it's pretty nice, especially

if they hit that free throw.

:clapping:

I have noticed that most of our guys, once they get that contact, they don't care as much about finishing the play and getting the and-1. Go up strong and keep going up strong!

• Premium Member

That's funny... When Smoove becomes a chucker, he uses to hit the few FTs he gets. When he plays inside he's way more efficient, but can't hit the FTs at the same rate.

Go for it Smoove, and hit the damn freebies this time! :idhitit:

LET'S GO HAWKS!

Edited by BrazilianHawk