• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Life of a Hawks Fan

ryandauwalker

Fellas,

I've been a Hawks fan since I was really young, and we as fans have endured some really bad teams. Really bad coaches. Really bad players. Really bad trades. Really bad owners.

Considering all of the mess that this team has put us through, it is so much fun to be in the position we are right now!!

There is a part of me that loves following bad teams (like when we had 13 wins) because it is SO SWEET when (if a fan is lucky) we work our way up.

I just want to give kudos to those Hawks fans who have endured much and get to enjoy the spoils of this playoff run.

Maybe we get past Chicago, maybe not. Who knows maybe we get to the Finals. But this is awesome.

You know my friend... I wouldn't want it any other way! :drinks:

• Like 1

Fellas,

I've been a Hawks fan since I was really young, and we as fans have endured some really bad teams. Really bad coaches. Really bad players. Really bad trades. Really bad owners.

Considering all of the mess that this team has put us through, it is so much fun to be in the position we are right now!!

There is a part of me that loves following bad teams (like when we had 13 wins) because it is SO SWEET when (if a fan is lucky) we work our way up.

I just want to give kudos to those Hawks fans who have endured much and get to enjoy the spoils of this playoff run.

Maybe we get past Chicago, maybe not. Who knows maybe we get to the Finals. But this is awesome.

Yes, it is a great feeling. I wish and hope it will last.

It's funny, let's face it, there are not a lot of "true" Hawks fans that lose days off their lives because of these guys. My situation is unique...live in Columbus, OH, and have the pleasure to teach English to high school kids in a small, rural, school district. Walking down the halls and hearing students and colleagues constantly saying "Wow, how bout them Hawks", and hearing "Geez, what's up with Atlanta?" makes being a lifelong fan so cool! Sure my office is decorated with Hawks garb, it's obvious...but tasting a little success as a fan is awesome. Keep it up guys!

Edited by buckeye242424