• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Milwaukee will be better than anyone expects....

Diesel

What everyone expects (bottom 3 in the league) is silly. They haven't been getting any respect from the national media (ESPN in particular who believe them to be god-awful), and I think they'll make a lot of the "experts" look extremely stupid.

Ford and Thomas are the keys. I think everyone knows what to expect out of Redd, Mase, Toni and Smith. Tim needs to step up, however, and be the leader. Ford had a [censored] of a nice game last night in his debut against J-Will and the Griz. 15 points, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds. If he can do that consistently, I think the Bucks make the playoffs as well.

They are doing a lot of things right. They didn't overpay to keep Payton, they got rid of a mason, and fleeced us for a lottery pick.

I think that their success or lack thereof will depend on how quickly Ford assimiliates, and let's face it PG is usually the toughest position to come up to snuff with, and how well Porter is received. My opinion of Porter is pretty high and he is a local product but you just never know with a first year coach.

It is smart to surround a first-year coach with young players. So I do like what Milwaukee is doing.

Ford could turn out to be a Tim Hardaway a short PG that a lot of people passed on, but he could also be a bust according to a lot of experts. I've no opinion since I have only seen him play twice.

So, those big ifs coupled with Toni's inevitable mid-season injury spree will almost certainly keep them out of the playoffs IMO.

Well, it's always tough for rookie PG's. Jay Willams didn't

exactually have agreat rookie season when people thought

he would. Starting as a rookie PG with no real number 1

scorer is a tough gig don't you think? However, what will

help is that Toni can handle the ball. However, I'm willing

to bet Toni shows age badly this season.

The Bucks will not be as good as people are saying, but

I'm doubtful of a playoff birth also.

i expect tim thomas to step it up this year and become the player that he thinks he is. he will have the opportunity that he didn't have with the big 3 there. but now, it's time to step up and do something. milwaukee will be better than anyone expects, but i doubt they will make the playoffs.

Diesel, if you think Kukoc and Smith can be a team's starting PF and C and that team can make the playoffs, you don't know too much about the NBA. This Milwaukee team can be entertaining and even decent in a couple of years but I'm willing to put money on

1. They will not make the playoffs. 100% certain

2. They will win less than 30 games. 90% certain

3. They will be among the three worst teams in the East. Vancouver will win more games. 80% certain

Can you seriously see them stopping anybody? Outrebounding anyone? They will have defensive problems at practically every position!

Ciao,

Danny

Uh, Vancouver? I think you mean Memphis. The Bucks will blow this year- playoffs are out of the question. Thomas has been on the verge of the "bust" category for two years now. I hope he does finally step up. TJ has the skills to be a good PG, and if Porter trusts him and gives him big minutes, the team will be decent next year, not this year. Who are their centers, Pryzbilla and Gadzuric? Diesel, are you serious that Joe Smith should be their starting C? Puhleaze. Toni is done.

• Premium Member

Just call it a feeling and please be around in March. I think this team is HIGHLY underestimated. I think as Ford picks up the game, this team will win. They have made a helluva lot of good moves and they have more than people (especially ESPN) realize.

Ford will show promise, TT will be fine, avg 18/7 or so and the team will try to play uptempo...thus negating Toni's abilities, though he'll help when TJ's slowed or the team plays more half court offense...

the team will struggle mightily because they have less of a bench than us and are very, very weak inside.

Bucks Starting lineup:

PG: Ford

SG: Redd

SF: Thomas

PF: Smith

C: Santiago

Not the greatest but it isn't terrible. It's funny that you mention the bench being worse than the Hawks, considering we've got two guys that will contend for 67th man of the year in Desmond Mason and Toni Kukoc. Add in Skinner, Haislip, Prybilla and Gadzuric and I think that's one of the best benched in the league.

Toni would still be fantastic on a team like the Lakers (off the bench) to provide stability on offense, an outside threat, good passing, etc...but at this point, esp at this point, he's not going to fit in well with a running team of young guys...can you see him out there with Ford, Mason, TT, Gadzuric? they'd be running and he'd be cherry pickin...