• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

EMBARASSING: The 'soft' label really emerged tonight vs. Bulls

hawks21

This was a really tough game to watch. Joe and Jamal really showed how one-dimensional they are as players and couldn't make their teammates better and couldn't get to the free throw line either. It is almost like that they QUIT OUT THERE BY HALFTIME.

Let's see what Damien Wikins can do with 25 minutes. Let's see what Pape Sy can do for a few minutes. The Bulls had been leaving DERRICK ROSE ON TH EBENCH in the first half and increasing their lead...MAYBE COACH DREW HAS TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH HIS ROTATION...(I hate to say this..but sit HORFORD down if he continues to struggle ..

Marvin Williams had a few points, but when he blew that layup in the open court after an Atlanta steal it just symbolizes the lack of players WHO CAN FINISH AT THE BASKET...

HUBIE BROWN mentioned about the number of field goals we had, and if I am not mistaken ..in the regualr season, the Hawks were among the BOTTOM in FGs ATTEMPTED and FTs MADE...

Al Horford looks like he is playing scared out there offensively. IS JOAKIM GEETING IN HIS HEAD? I rarely see him attacking the basket (recently) on pick and roll plays...he rather shoot those tough outside jumpers.

The Hawks need a "Zach Randolph" player or somehow trade Josh/Marvin to get in the DRAFT LOTTERY and find a legitimate SMALL FORWARD who can score and defend.

Chicago is a one man show, we are just not exposing it as much as we exposed the Magic as the same. Chicago is nowhere near the best team in the league. On the other hand, we played as soft as we played in every other big game at home this year san the Magic series tonite.

Chicago is like Cleveland. They fit around their superstar. They are able to play 100% with their personnel and Rose just does it all on offense. The Hawks lack of good "fits" kills them. This is where talent plus fit is needed. We need fit but we need more talent. This team is a superstar away. It's that simple. You can piece Joe as a fit with a superstar. He doesn't fit right now and is always doubled. I don't know is Smoove will ever be a fit but you get Horford a PnR PG and he's a perfect "fit" along with Joe. The NBA playoffs are great for one reason. It will expose you if you built a flawed roster. No getting around it in this league. This team has talent but no potential as an unit. They can't trade laterally or down. A superstar is the only way Joe will be a perfect fit. It's that simple. This one is over.

I still think that OKC is the best team in the league right now, and there are reasons why they rolled Denver the way they did in the 1st round. I would consider them a serious threat because they've got the two superstars in Durant and Westbrook, and then they are surrounded by all these great complementary players like Ibaka and Harden and Perkins. I like their depth and bench much better than that of Miami's, and I'd take the bench of Collison and Maynor and Cook and Mohammed and Sefalosha every day of the week over the bench the Heat run out there. They lack experience, but there's no time like the present to start gaining playoff chops and the West is wide open right now with SA already knocked out and LA on the ropes. I love their chances out West.

I still think that OKC is the best team in the league right now, and there are reasons why they rolled Denver the way they did in the 1st round. I would consider them a serious threat because they've got the two superstars in Durant and Westbrook, and then they are surrounded by all these great complementary players like Ibaka and Harden and Perkins. I like their depth and bench much better than that of Miami's, and I'd take the bench of Collison and Maynor and Cook and Mohammed and Sefalosha every day of the week over the bench the Heat run out there. They lack experience, but there's no time like the present to start gaining playoff chops and the West is wide open right now with SA already knocked out and LA on the ropes. I love their chances out West.

Westbrook can lose you a game. I still that like their chances v. LAL and I still think LAL will win the series. Westbrook is too much like Steve Francis. When hot, maybe one the best in the league if not that best that night. When cold, he can shoot or take the flow out of a game. That's a no no when the only scorers they have the court at times are him and Durant. Put they are one of my favorites. I like all the teams in the West playoffs more than the Hawks.

We have a pick and roll PG he got Al several pick and pops and he did not make them. Hubie said himself that it was not Teague but Al who was not rolling on those pick and rolls and creating problems for himself and the team. Teague was getting into the lane as much as he wanted and most the time it was from pick and rolls, that was Al not finishing.

• Like 1

We have a pick and roll PG he got Al several pick and pops and he did not make them. Hubie said himself that it was not Teague but Al who was not rolling on those pick and rolls and creating problems for himself and the team. Teague was getting into the lane as much as he wanted and most the time it was from pick and rolls, that was Al not finishing.

:warning:

Teague has to draw the defense, they were sticking to their assignments. Watch Jason Kidd and Tyson C. Watch how Kidd draws the Tyson's man which gives Tyson a lane to run in. Teague doesn't attack and draw the defender. The pick and pop is easy to run. Smith and Horford can run it for each other. Zaza and Smith can run it. It's not much to that. Doesn't involve much of anything.

• Like 1

I disagree I know what I saw and I know what a respected coach saw. Al Horford does not roll on pick and rolls so everything becomes a pick and pop for him.

You can't run the pick and roll in standing position as a PG either. What you are saying is that Horford needed to screen and cut which is a screener in my book. They could have did that but I don't think it would have been that successful v. the Bulls. It's a variation of the PnR, that's predicated on the pass, the defense, and timing. That is something that takes trust as well. I haven't seen Teague and Horford ever work well together all year. I don't think they trust each other. I do agree with you in that sense.

You can't run the pick and roll in standing position as a PG either. What you are saying is that Horford needed to screen and cut which is a screener in my book. They could have did that but I don't think it would have been that successful v. the Bulls. It's a variation of the PnR, that's predicated on the pass, the defense, and timing. That is something that takes trust as well. I haven't seen Teague and Horford ever work well together all year. I don't think they trust each other. I do agree with you in that sense.

I could have sworn I thought you are suppose to read the defense in order to know rather to pick and roll or pick and pop. Al maybe rolls one time a game and that has been the truth even when Bibby was there. The only times I have ever seen Al roll is when the play is set for him to specifically roll to the rim. To me that is more of a indictment on Al considering that he has a huge body of work showing that he does not like to roll no matter who is running the play rather Teague, Bibby, or Hinrich

I could have sworn I thought you are suppose to read the defense in order to know rather to pick and roll or pick and pop. Al maybe rolls one time a game and that has been the truth even when Bibby was there. The only times I have ever seen Al roll is when the play is set for him to specifically roll to the rim. To me that is more of a indictment on Al considering that he has a huge body of work showing that he does not like to roll no matter who is running the play rather Teague, Bibby, or Hinrich

You are... He rolled with Bibby. Him and Bibby only ran the PnR four to five times a game. Out of the four to five times they ran it, he rolled once or twice, usually once a game. The rest was iso's and Joe 10 second dribbles for the team as a whole. That's usually when he rolls and does a great job in terms of movement so you aren't given a false indictment in your own words. The rest doesn't hold water as Hinrich is a combo guard. Teague doesn't have PG skills yet and Bibby and him did run the PnR and he did roll to the basket in 20-25% of the time they run the PnR. I hope you aren't exodus alias. Cause your posting style looks awfully close. Like a blend of exodus and superiorblogman.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

our stars did not come to play.. Jamal and Joe a COBINED 17 points ?? We are NOT going to beat anybody with them playing like that. Also doesn't help that AL is playing like an NBDL player, and Smoove continuing to shoot jumpers, even though he hasn't made one yet in this series.