• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

An open letter to the ASG

Devon

Dear ASG Members,

I'm writing this letter to you on Hawksquawk because I know through experience that you don't check your email's at your corporate account.

First things first, cut the crap.

* You, personally (the collective group), are on the verge of losing an NHL franchise for this city because of your own inadequacies and no amount of spin will EVER change that fact.

* You mired this city in one of the WORST and MOST EMBARRASSING lawsuits the professional sports world has ever seen. All of this over a player none of us can really stand at this point, but I'll get to that later.

* You insulted the fanbase(s) of TWO professional sports franchises with:

- shoddy-at-best managerial decisions; often borderline Bush-League decisions

- horrible personnel moves (draft, FA, Hiring/Firing, etc)

- a lack of insight/knowledge/credibility about the aforementioned sports you bought into

- a smug-at-best "deal with it" attitude when presented with serious concerns of season-ticket holders, etc...

We've watched you bumble, stumble, and ultimately fumble your way through the better part of the past decade and I cannot stomach it any longer.

Sell the Thrashers, sell the Hawks, turn tail and run like hell... You are a plague on this great city, you are pariah's, you are UNWELCOME.

I will NOT be renewing my Hawks' season tickets as I honestly hope NONE of you ever make another dime off of the hard-working sports fans in this city. I don't trust you, I don't like you and I honestly don't believe you have it in you to actually be a part of something that "Wins"...

Once the Thrashers are moved to Winnipeg you'd all better pack up and move along with them... Atlanta will not be a place for you to call "Home" ever again; Hey Bruce Levenson, "Deal With That".

As for the Hawks...

You signed a 3rd option, ho-hum, non-captain material Joe Johnson to a contract worth over $20 million dollars per season for the next 6 years. Why? That same "max $ player" went 6-22 in Game 6 and was laughing on the sideline and joking with fans as your team/his team was OUTCLASSED AT HOME by the Chicago Bulls; a team that went 62-20 this season with a FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH / NBA Coach of the Year; one whom you DID NOT EVEN INTERVIEW. After firing Mike Woodson you preached how the team needed a "new voice" and then after much "song & dance" for the media you signed Mike Woodson's lead assistant, Larry Drew; again flipping a cheap middle finger to the fan base basically telling us "This is what you get, like it or not".

What exactly did Marvin Williams do to deserve a new contract with this team?

How do you (Michael Gearon Jr.) go on 680 the Fan and make comments like "What have Deron Williams and Chris Paul done in the playoffs? Some people need to get over the fact that we drafted Marvin Williams over Deron & CP3; we believe in Marvin and the fans should too."

ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME? That statement alone proves to me that you are as inept a sports owner as is humanly possible. I applaud Mark Bradley at the AJC as he has every right to point out your failings, en masse', as the list is ever-increasing, all while the win totals dwindle along with fan interest .

So in closing, while there is much, much more I'd love to say to you CLOWNS I won't waste my breath. I'll speak to you in the only way you'll understand; WITH MY WALLET.

Tuck tail and run you bunch of LOSERS; Atlanta deserves better than the ASG.

Suck It,

PDL

- A FORMER Hawks' season ticket holder....

• Like 4

Dear ASG Members,

I'm writing this letter to you on Hawksquawk because I know through experience that you don't check your email's at your corporate account.

First things first, cut the crap.

* You, personally (the collective group), are on the verge of losing an NHL franchise for this city because of your own inadequacies and no amount of spin will EVER change that fact.

* You mired this city in one of the WORST and MOST EMBARRASSING lawsuits the professional sports world has ever seen. All of this over a player none of us can really stand at this point, but I'll get to that later.

* You insulted the fanbase(s) of TWO professional sports franchises with:

- shoddy-at-best managerial decisions; often borderline Bush-League decisions

- horrible personnel moves (draft, FA, Hiring/Firing, etc)

- a lack of insight/knowledge/credibility about the aforementioned sports you bought into

- a smug-at-best "deal with it" attitude when presented with serious concerns of season-ticket holders, etc...

We've watched you bumble, stumble, and ultimately fumble your way through the better part of the past decade and I cannot stomach it any longer.

Sell the Thrashers, sell the Hawks, turn tail and run like hell... You are a plague on this great city, you are pariah's, you are UNWELCOME.

I will NOT be renewing my Hawks' season tickets as I honestly hope NONE of you ever make another dime off of the hard-working sports fans in this city. I don't trust you, I don't like you and I honestly don't believe you have it in you to actually be a part of something that "Wins"...

Once the Thrashers are moved to Winnipeg you'd all better pack up and move along with them... Atlanta will not be a place for you to call "Home" ever again; Hey Bruce Levenson, "Deal With That".

As for the Hawks...

You signed a 3rd option, ho-hum, non-captain material Joe Johnson to a contract worth over $20 million dollars per season for the next 6 years. Why? That same "max $ player" went 6-22 in Game 6 and was laughing on the sideline and joking with fans as your team/his team was OUTCLASSED AT HOME by the Chicago Bulls; a team that went 62-20 this season with a FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH / NBA Coach of the Year; one whom you DID NOT EVEN INTERVIEW. After firing Mike Woodson you preached how the team needed a "new voice" and then after much "song & dance" for the media you signed Mike Woodson's lead assistant, Larry Drew; again flipping a cheap middle finger to the fan base basically telling us "This is what you get, like it or not".

What exactly did Marvin Williams do to deserve a new contract with this team?

How do you (Michael Gearon Jr.) go on 680 the Fan and make comments like "What have Deron Williams and Chris Paul done in the playoffs? Some people need to get over the fact that we drafted Marvin Williams over Deron & CP3; we believe in Marvin and the fans should too."

ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME? That statement alone proves to me that you are as inept a sports owner as is humanly possible. I applaud Mark Bradley at the AJC as he has every right to point out your failings, en masse', as the list is ever-increasing, all while the win totals dwindle along with fan interest .

So in closing, while there is much, much more I'd love to say to you CLOWNS I won't waste my breath. I'll speak to you in the only way you'll understand; WITH MY WALLET.

Tuck tail and run you bunch of LOSERS; Atlanta deserves better than the ASG.

Suck It,

PDL

- A FORMER Hawks' season ticket holder....

Why dont you grow some cahoonas and tell them how you really feel. lol Seriously I love the passion. Sadly our ownership doesnt share your passion for the Hawks to be a champion.

Edited by NJHAWK

I wrote this to illicit the feelings of all of you to whom I've spoken with in the chatrooms and sat with at games...

This group of A$$CLOWN$ are a disgrace to the city of Atlanta, and YES, I do blame David "The Mafia Boss" Stern. David Stern is as corrupt as they come; his lack-of-handling the situation with Belkin & The Idiotic 7 is deplorable...

Nothing is going to change if we, the TRUE Hawks/Thrashers/ Atlanta sports' fans don't unite against this treachery we know as the ASG.

Speak up, I plan to email all of these idiots collectively as I have a friend that works in corporate for them. I want them to know what we really think!

A little too much overreaction in your post bro. ASG is trying, they are just too damn loyal and missed at key times. In the last four seasons for the Hawks, the moves haven't been awful on a general level. They have made it to the Final Eight in the last three seasons. As for the Thrashers, they finally got it together lately with the hires but too little too late.

A little too much overreaction in your post bro. ASG is trying, they are just too damn loyal and missed at key times. In the last four seasons for the Hawks, the moves haven't been awful on a general level. They have made it to the Final Eight in the last three seasons. As for the Thrashers, they finally got it together lately with the hires but too little too late.

The moves haven't been awful... okay:

1. Marvin Williams makes $8+ million dollars a year and will for the next 3 years, why?...

2. Joe Johnson makes $5 million more/season than Dwayne Wade, $6 million more than LeBron and will for the next 5 seasons, why?

3. You watched as they traded away an over-paid broken down Mike Bibby/JC2/Mo Williams/and our 1st rounder for a run-of-the mill average NBA PG in Hinrich and a bench scrub (Hilton "Lane Violation" Armstrong); awful trade.

4. You were witness to last seasons' DEBACLE of a 2nd round; worst in NBA history defeat margin, and the subsequent "Search High & Low then turn around" coaching search; bad decision to hire Mike Woodson's right hand & THEN give him no wiggle room (2-yr. deal/ least $ of any HC).

5. The ASG has RAISED ticket prices EVERY SEASON since they took over "ownership"; Why?

6. Etan Thomas, Jason Collins, the selling of the draft pick acquired in Damion James / JC2 trade, all HORRIBLE personnel moves.

7. Josh Childress being drafted ahead of Luol Deng and then flipping the bird to the ASG in going to Greece; i know he sucks now, but that was a low I thought we wouldn't see again.

Thankfully Memphis put in a low-ball offer a few seasons back for Josh Smith otherwise he would've walked, and yeah, we've re-signed Al Horford, but we have a whopping SEVEN players under contract for next year and are WELL OVER the projected salary cap...

I don't think I'm overreacting at all, I'm a season ticket holder that is seriously FED THE F*CK UP!

• Like 2

The moves haven't been awful... okay:

1. Marvin Williams makes $8+ million dollars a year and will for the next 3 years, why?...

2. Joe Johnson makes $5 million more/season than Dwayne Wade, $6 million more than LeBron and will for the next 5 seasons, why?

3. You watched as they traded away an over-paid broken down Mike Bibby/JC2/Mo Williams/and our 1st rounder for a run-of-the mill average NBA PG in Hinrich and a bench scrub (Hilton "Lane Violation" Armstrong); awful trade.

4. You were witness to last seasons' DEBACLE of a 2nd round; worst in NBA history defeat margin, and the subsequent "Search High & Low then turn around" coaching search; bad decision to hire Mike Woodson's right hand & THEN give him no wiggle room (2-yr. deal/ least $ of any HC).

5. The ASG has RAISED ticket prices EVERY SEASON since they took over "ownership"; Why?

6. Etan Thomas, Jason Collins, the selling of the draft pick acquired in Damion James / JC2 trade, all HORRIBLE personnel moves.

7. Josh Childress being drafted ahead of Luol Deng and then flipping the bird to the ASG in going to Greece; i know he sucks now, but that was a low I thought we wouldn't see again.

Thankfully Memphis put in a low-ball offer a few seasons back for Josh Smith otherwise he would've walked, and yeah, we've re-signed Al Horford, but we have a whopping SEVEN players under contract for next year and are WELL OVER the projected salary cap...

I don't think I'm overreacting at all, I'm a season ticket holder that is seriously FED THE F*CK UP!

1. He showed a lot of potential and production in his contract year where he could become the next Jamal Mashburn. That's why.

2. Because the NBA has a salary system that sucks and Wade and James took less money to play with one another. Atlanta had to pay Joe or he was going to NY.

3. Hinrich is a solid PG and was KEY to beating Orlando. He also has a big contract which is the ONLY way we have a shot at trading for CP3 or D12. Hilton was a throw-in.

4. Their personnel doesn't fit. We all know that including the Hawks. It's not that easy to trade impact players my man. I felt that Cleveland-injuries, and Orlando-awful match-up killed us. We had very good regular seasons.

5. They are trying to stay profitable. If they demand is less and supply is equal, you much raise the price to stay profitable or lower it if it's elastic like Gas.

6. Etan was just a body to beat Dwight Howard. Collins give us impact as far as (+/-). Money is a big issue for ASG since their attendance is as$. Until they get a superstar, ASG will never spend over the LT. It's doesn't make business sense.

7. That wasn't in the last five years. Well the drafting part. Sorry bro but Jamal as a 6th man>>>Chillz as a 6th man.

Like I said, this is a slight overreaction but the moves they made most definitely are a step up and they are in position to land a superstar in a trade. That's a sign of great signings and great drafting of recent note. As bad as Shelden was for us, he help get us Bibby who was huge for us. As bad as Acie and Speedy was, they got us one of the best 6th man in the game. As good as Smith is and the potential of Teague who was a great pick by Sund, if it gets us Chris Paul, all of what you said isn't important anymore. Hinrich trade cost us a lot but it could be what helps us get CP3/Okafor. Can you really be that mad? I understand your anger and if they fail to get anyone, yep, ASG f**ked up but otherwise, they are in position. That alone will keep Sund hired and potentially win Executive of the year. LD could reach his potential. ASG doesn't look like dumbasses anymore. Joe and Al play up to their potential, mainly Al. All of this can work out really well for us. Don't sleep on that idea.

• Like 1

Everything you said has merit but it is all HYPOTHETICAL and quite frankly I'm tired of constant "5-Year Plans"...

"If we get a superstar", "If we realize our potential", etc...

When does the "if" game STOP?

• Like 1

Everything you said has merit but it is all HYPOTHETICAL and quite frankly I'm tired of constant "5-Year Plans"...

That's the point were at. "If's"

I agree, it's not ideal but it's where we are. Just like last year for the New York Knicks. They were in a "if" state. We have proven to the league, players and coaches alike we have a ton of talent but we are missing the key piece to the puzzle. The difference is, unlike Orlando or New Orleans, we have the pieces to get the piece we need. That puts us in a "if" state instead of a failed state which is what we were in, in 1999.

Here is where all the teams are in for the East. Important ones I might add.

Heat- Improving state- adding role players

Celtics- Succumb state- they know they are close to rebuilding but are still contenders.

Bulls- Improving state- adding role players

Magic- Failed state- It's only a matter of time before they have to trade Dwight.

Hawks- "If" state- Need elite talent and has the pieces.

Knicks- Improving state- Adding a starting center and role players

Sixers- Cautious state- Need elite talent but no pieces.

Pacers- Cautious state- Need elite talent but isn't an attractive and a viable option for one.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I will make this point again...for the LAST TIME*:

BK wanted to offer Joe Johnson the full max as a restricted free agent...the full ASG agreed.

PHX countered with an S-n-T offer.

BK agreed to that and offered Diaw (who they wanted) as well as a max offer for JJ.

PHX wanted more.

BK offered Diaw + a number one draft pick (and we sucked at the time)...and the FULL ASG agreed...including Belkin.

PHX wanted more.

BK (acting like a drunken sailor) offered Diaw + a number one draft pick + another number one draft pick. Everybody on the ASG agreed but Belkin. Belkin felt that Diaw +1 +1 was too much.

(and as it turns out - he was probably right).

* OK - maybe I'll say it again in the future just for fun :yahoo:

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

I'm with you Devon sick of the rudderless ship. The main thing I see is the problem is talent evaluation. Why the heck was Teague rotting on the bench when he showed flashes in the playoffs of being the answer. He never got an opportunity to develop. couldn't Drew see that or someone that's supposed to know. The Hawks have a history of picking the wrong players. JJ may be able to score during the reg season but he sucks in the playoffs. Marvin (enough said) Smoove taking jump shots when he should know the team needs an inside game. Horford disappearing in the playoffs.Not sure if al was injured but he was invisible out there. The only reason the Hawks beat the magic is the Magic couldn't play defense. We've seen so many embarassing Hawks blowouts in the playoffs that the excuses get old. ASG has to be living on fantasy land thinking this current Hawk team can compete for a championship. Of course the real reason is ASG just wants the Hawks to make the playoffs is good enough for them. Theyve probably figured out how much revenue can be generated just making the playoffs and no need to further stock the Hawks with talent that may acutally give the team a chance to win a championship.

If it means blowing the team up and rebuilding the right way I'm all for it. There was a period during BK's realm where if he would have made the right choice the Hawks would be an elite team. Maybe the only way we get to be elite is to go back to the lottery get a GM that knows how to evaluate talent and build the team the right way. Any one could see the Hawks just don't play like a team vs the better teams in the playoffs.