• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Marv and Craw get us some useful parts?

curtmcgirt

We all know Marvin isn't working out here and needs to go whether ASG will admit it or not. Would you be willing to trade Marvin to Portland for Oden with the one year remaining on his contract? It gives them some "youth" and a decent contract back as well as some relief from having to sign 4 centers every year. They can just roll with what they have minus Oden and lose the expectations of him playing.

Craw got mentioned as flirting with the possibility of playing in Boston. May just be FA talk but I don't think he's an answer for us anymore. Big Baby also wants out of Boston because he wants to start and Doc isn't willing to give him the time. We could trade Craw for Big Baby in a sign and trade and Boston could also send us a pick back if Crawford wants more money than Big Baby signs for.

In theory this would give us the low post presence we've been needing to move Al to PF without giving up Josh.

You'd have:

Teague/Heinrich

Joe/ FA

Josh/Pape

Horf/Zaza

Davis/Oden/Twin

We could save money immediately by not resigning Etan, Hilton or Josh Powell. And if Oden doesn't work out he's only signed for that one year.

Thoughts?

Glenn Davis.......a starting NBA center at 6'8'' ?

:suicide:

Not to pull a Billy Knight, but at 6'8 289 I think he can defend the position a little better than Al at 6'10 230. He'd be much harder to dislodge from the lane and be a better rebounder because he's not out looking for a shot 15 feet from the goal on the offensive end. Al relies on speed and finesse, which has worked well so far, but he expends a TON of energy on the defensive end.

In my mind its like Teague and Heinrich being better for Joe because he's no longer needed to defend faster point guards. Al could now play his natural position which he's more comfortable with offensively. And as a team we benefit from some, who like Twin, is by the nature of their game and its limitations always in a better position for offensive boards.

Not to pull a Billy Knight, but at 6'8 289 I think he can defend the position a little better than Al at 6'10 230. He'd be much harder to dislodge from the lane and be a better rebounder because he's not out looking for a shot 15 feet from the goal on the offensive end. Al relies on speed and finesse, which has worked well so far, but he expends a TON of energy on the defensive end.

In my mind its like Teague and Heinrich being better for Joe because he's no longer needed to defend faster point guards. Al could now play his natural position which he's more comfortable with offensively. And as a team we benefit from some, who like Twin, is by the nature of their game and its limitations always in a better position for offensive boards.

Crawford cant get us anything we dont own his rights he can do whatever he wants . To move Marvin we will have to take back a bad contract the point is to at least have that bad contracts abilities be something we can use .

Edited by Crank

You are pulling a Billy Knight by looking at his measurements rather than the vast collection of video and statistical evidence available that actually shows you how Glen Davis plays. Davis was the worst defender for the Celtics, he is not now or ever been a good rebounder and his entire game is dependent on his jumper which he shoots more than Horf yet waaaaaaaaaaaay worse. Davis may be fat but his game is all finesse.