• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Of the Top 25 Salaries in the NBA...

Devon

a LOT of overpaid, underproducing, underwhelming players in this list... Rashard lewis is the 2nd highest paid guy in the eague? Didn't Sund sign him to that GOD-AWFUL contract? #'s 2, 5-9, 16-19, 24 & 25 are in some way/shape/form "stealing money"... These bloated salaries make me angry that I'm having to BUST MY A$$ to make 70k/year... Grumble, Grumble, Grumble....

1. Kobe Bryant - Los Angeles Lakers

$24.8 million

2. Rashard Lewis - Orlando Magic / Washington Wizards

$20.5 million

3. Kevin Garnett - Boston Celtics

$18.8 million

4. Tim Duncan - San Antonio Spurs

$18.7 million

5. Michael Redd - Milwaukee Bucks

$18.3 million

6. Pau Gasol - Los Angeles Lakers

$17.8 million

–. Andrei Kirilenko - Utah Jazz

$17.8 million

8. Gilbert Arenas - Washington Wizards / Orlando Magic

$17.7 million

9. Yao Ming - Houston Rockets

$17.6 million

10. Zach Randolph - Memphis Grizzlies

$17.4 million

11. Vince Carter - Orlando Magic / Phoenix Suns

$17.3 million

–. Dirk Nowitzki - Dallas Mavericks

$17.3 million

13. Carmelo Anthony - Denver Nuggets / New York Knicks

$17.1 million

14. Amare Stoudemire - New York Knicks

$16.8 million

15. Dwight Howard - Orlando Magic

$16.5 million

16. Joe Johnson - Atlanta Hawks

$16.3 million

17. Kenyon Martin - Denver Nuggets

$16.0 million

–. Elton Brand - Philadelphia 76ers

$16.0 million

19. Predrag Stojakovic - New Orleans Hornets / Dallas Mavericks

$15.3 million

20. Chris Paul - New Orleans Hornets

$14.9 million

–. Deron Williams - Utah Jazz

$14.9 million

22. LeBron James - Miami Heat

$14.5 million

–. Chris Bosh - Miami Heat

$14.5 million

24. Jason Richardson - Phoenix Suns / Orlando Magic

$14.4 million

25. Carlos Boozer - Chicago Bulls

$14.0 million

• Premium Member

Otis Smith is responsible for Rashard's contract. The Sonics were shedding payroll and unwilling to pay the max to keep him, thus the S&T to Orlando.

LeBron???????

I think he's just showing the list of the highest paid players in the league and mentioning that a lot of them are overpaid.

Lebron and Wade are the biggest bargains in the league. It angers me that they both play for the same team. It would've been so much better had one gone to New York. Heat and Knicks rivalry renewed and more parity in the EC. The Hawks would be legit contenders or at least closer to the top then what we have now.

Otis Smith is responsible for Rashard's contract. The Sonics were shedding payroll and unwilling to pay the max to keep him, thus the S&T to Orlando.

Trading him and Ray Allen were extremely smart moves by my favorite GM in the NBA Sam Presti. He knew that Ray was aging and didn't need to be the lead dog any longer, and he knew that Lewis would never live up to the contract he was going to get. Instead of sinking that cost, Sam thought conservatively and flipped those guys into much more affordable players. Now, Sam has one of the youngest and most talented teams in the NBA. His one misstep may have been that he failed to see how much Kendrick Perkins would hurt their offense. He ultimately ended up overpaying Perkins, who should be little more than a rotational big man who is a defensive counterpart to an offensive center.

Dirk took less so the Mavs could surround him w/ talent.

He took 4 years / $80 milion last year when he could have gotten 96.2.

That's a team player.

Joe on the other hand?... :no2:

Make's ya kinda sick to your stomach there, eh?

Dirk wants a Ring, desperately, and he's a German icon so he'll never "need" money ever again, but to take $16m LESS than you could demand in order to win a ring, that's a TRUE PRO.

How much money does one person really need? I know that we live in a greed-driven Uber capitalistic society, but damn... I applaud Dirk on this one.

Trading him and Ray Allen were extremely smart moves by my favorite GM in the NBA Sam Presti. He knew that Ray was aging and didn't need to be the lead dog any longer, and he knew that Lewis would never live up to the contract he was going to get. Instead of sinking that cost, Sam thought conservatively and flipped those guys into much more affordable players. Now, Sam has one of the youngest and most talented teams in the NBA. His one misstep may have been that he failed to see how much Kendrick Perkins would hurt their offense. He ultimately ended up overpaying Perkins, who should be little more than a rotational big man who is a defensive counterpart to an offensive center.

That is what Sund could've done in regards of Joe, but he didn't & now we are doomed for 5 more years.

I think he's just showing the list of the highest paid players in the league and mentioning that a lot of them are overpaid.

Lebron and Wade are the biggest bargains in the league. It angers me that they both play for the same team. It would've been so much better had one gone to New York. Heat and Knicks rivalry renewed and more parity in the EC. The Hawks would be legit contenders or at least closer to the top then what we have now.

He said "Dirk is underpaid" in the topic description. I think LeBron is underpaid too. Now, I think Joe Johnson & diarrhea symptoms start right away.