• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Selby

reeballin4

• Premium Member

Josh Selby will be a productive NBA player mark my words. His game fits the NBA just as Brandon Jennings did. Remember, Jennings only avg about 8 ppg overseas and Selby was on a loaded Kansas team. Check him out on youtube the kid can ball

So many things wrong with this post...

1) I stopped taking YouTube even half-seriously as a scouting tool after I found a Shelden Williams mix on there.

2) Brandon Jennings had a good first month and a half as a NBA player. Since then, he's been pretty bad all around. Definitely don't think of him as a young player who has proven that his game fits the NBA.

3) Dude slipped to #49 in the draft. Odds are overwhelming that he'll never crack a NBA rotation. It's a crapshoot after the lottery, and once you get down to the later half of the second round, it becomes roulette. I don't think any GM in the league loses sleep over the guys they pass on in that point in the draft, and for good reason. For the last 15 picks in the draft, you could probably put the 15 players' names in a hat, pick one at random, and have just as much chance of finding a diamond in the rough as a NBA scout would.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

So many things wrong with this post...

1) I stopped taking YouTube even half-seriously as a scouting tool after I found a Shelden Williams mix on there.

2) Brandon Jennings had a good first month and a half as a NBA player. Since then, he's been pretty bad all around. Definitely don't think of him as a young player who has proven that his game fits the NBA.

3) Dude slipped to #49 in the draft. Odds are overwhelming that he'll never crack a NBA rotation. It's a crapshoot after the lottery, and once you get down to the later half of the second round, it becomes roulette. I don't think any GM in the league loses sleep over the guys they pass on in that point in the draft, and for good reason. For the last 15 picks in the draft, you could probably put the 15 players' names in a hat, pick one at random, and have just as much chance of finding a diamond in the rough as a NBA scout would.

1) True

2) I would take Jennings over our PG's. Teague has All Star potential and Hinrich is a starting quality PG but Jennings is very good at the PnR and could become elite at it once he better understands the game. BBIQ and decision making are issues for him even though his court vision and playmaking ability is dam* near great. We need that more than the combo PG's we got right now. Jennings would be huge for us. Jennings has All Star potential too like Teague.

3) True

Edited by nbasuperstar40

1) True

2) I would take Jennings over our PG's. Teague has All Star potential and Hinrich is a starting quality PG but Jennings is very good at the PnR and could become elite at it once he better understands the game. BBIQ and decision making are issues for him even though his court vision and playmaking ability is dam* near great. We need that more than the combo PG's we got right now. Jennings would be huge for us. Jennings has All Star potential too like Teague.

3) True

Oh, I disagree there. Jeff Teague is already a much better on the ball defender than Brandon Jennings. Brandon doesn't play a lick of defense. Plus, he's a high volume shooter that is a very inefficient scorer, and he doesn't have a high assists rate. The guy has never shot higher than 39% in his career, and he's had more opportunity than Jeff Teague.