• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Worst Casting Decisions for Movies

AHF

<br />

I agree he sucks as an actor.&nbsp;&nbsp;A good actor at his age, with his looks and physique, etc. could have done a fine job with the role, IMO.&nbsp;&nbsp;As for the films with a better actor, I don't know whether they were dead on arrival or not.&nbsp;&nbsp;The fact that the direction and script led to the worst performance of Natalie Portman's career makes me think they were probably dead on arrival.<br />

Well I think chemistry is the missing piece.&nbsp; Let's face it there was no chemistry between those two. You add in a young Leanardo or even the guy Micheal Pitt from Boardwalk Empire

checkout these scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EBPve5Ymp8&feature=related

Edited by sultanofatl

• 4 weeks later...

guess you wouldn't call these "casting decisions" as much as just - the way things worked out.

The role of Indiana Jones was basically written for Tom Selleck ("Magnum P.I.)...but his contract butted up against the filming schedule and Selleck was one of the very few actors who took contracts seriously. He gave up the part - and it ended up that the writers went on strike and there wouldn't have been a conflict anyway. A young actor named Harrison Ford (who had just been a character actor on a sci-fi movie and was in American Graffiti) got the part. Now let's be fair...Tom Selleck would have been a helluvan Indiana Jones and would have OWNED the franchise.

...but Harrison Ford did great and became a mega-movie star.

Going back a bit...for the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"...the role of the Sundance Kid was basically given to Steve McQueen...and he would have done it great...but he turned it down because he would not get top billing over Paul Newman. Robert Redford - a newcomer - got the role and went on to be a serious movie star, starring in a bunch of shows and founding the Sundance Movie Festival...or something like that...which launched many independent movie makers like the Cohen brothers.

Timing is everything.

Edited by DJlaysitup