• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Regular Season Schedule

emeans

Have you guys looked at the regular season schedule?

The NBA need to take notes from the NFL on scheduling. The NFL based their schedules and strength of schedule on last years record.

This helps the sorrier teams build some confidence and it helps with parity in the league. It is a shame they don't use this model in the NBA.

The Hawks play almost all of their 1st 10 to 15 games on the road with the exception of maybe 2 to 4 games. And most of those road teams seem to be in the West. That is ridiculus for a struggling team.

They will start off bad again this year and have no confidence going into the middle of the season. I have noticed this for the past 4 years. They always start off with a brutal 1st half schedule.

The NBA doesn't believe in parity like the NFL which is a shame. According to their scheduling they reward the good teams only.

"It seems like we start out with a West coast swing early every year for at least the last 5 years. Dunno why..."

It's been longer than that. I remeber back in the early 90's, we went on these early West Coast trips. I think it is the fall/winter events going on at the Dome and the GWCC and Philips...

J

US Figure Skating Championships for our 2 longest road trips of the season. Disney on Ice is 11/4 - 11/9 when we go on a 5-game western swing. The US Figure Skating Championships are 1/6 - 1/11 when we go on a 6-game western swing.

Usually, we do our western swing in February when Ringling Bros is in town but that event must not be at Philips this year. I think it is good that we get that out of the way in January rather than February because the longer the season goes, I'm sure that the long road trips become more difficult.

Losing becomes mental after a while. You want to build confidence early in the year. Losing becomes cancer for a professional team in any sport. Team problems start arising and they become the Atlanta Falcons. A team with no passion or clue how to turn things around even though they have talent.

It is important to build confidence with a new young team with a lot of new guys.

I hate this schedule!!!