• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Article explaining the Gators loss of football talent

coachx

It was obvious to anyone who watched the Gators this year that there was an obvious talent drop off and that the talent that was their did not fit their offensive system.

The Gators had the #1 recruiting class in the spring of 2010 while Meyer was still head coach and their the teams future seemed bright. However, 10 of those players have since left the Gators. That is 10 guys who would now be heading into their junio season and be leaders of this team. That void will be felt.

Here is a good article on the subject.:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/

Doesn't really say much beyond what we already knew.

As a lifetime Gators fan, it's extremely disappointing. This is bound to happen to some extent when a totally new coaching staff with completely different styles come in, though. I liked some of what I saw from Muschamp this season, our defense was not bad at all. Our offense, through Cheesburger Charlie, was absolutely pathetic though... I'm totally fine with him leaving, now I just have to hope that Muschamp brings in someone better and gets back on track next season. And that starts with beating Ohio State in the Gator Bowl come January.

Doesn't really say much beyond what we already knew.

I was unaware that they had lost almost 1/2 of their 2010 recruiting class which was ranked #1 by scout.com and #2 by rivals.com.

At least not all of us knew that since not all of us are lifetime Gator fans.

I didn't mean that in a smart-*ss way, just that I thought it had been well documented/talked about that the Gators lost a lot of recruits when Meyer left/Muschamp came on board.

Edited by WakaFlocka

This just reaffirms to me that college football is very cyclical. I think 2 years ago the big perception was that UF wasn't leaving the top 10 for at least the next decade.

That's because Urban Myer was still on top and recruiting ridiculously well...

Factor in a new coach in Muschamp who has a totally different style and this is bound to happen. Especially when he didn't even get a full offseason to convince Myer's recruits to stay/truly get his own.