The Slim Reaper & Ice 🧊 👯 besties

Spud2nique

• Moderators

Beal was a huge mistake in Phoenix.  Durant’s teams haven’t done much since he was in GS.  Real questions there despite Durant’s numbers.  (I don’t think the Hawks will be in the conversation for Durant if he becomes available and don’t think the Suns will make Booker available).

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Durant hasn’t done much in like 5 years now.  

Hasn't done much?  Wut?  

KD.thumb.jpg.c05e006ad005191a0ef1172a53f8b1c7.jpg

The highlighted year is his MVP season.  The rest is the last 4 years since his achilles injury.  He's still avg. 27/6.6/5.0 which isn't far off of his MVP season.  He played 75 games this year. He's still shooting 56.0% eFG and 62.6% TS.  I know some of his advanced metrics like PER, WS, and VORP have declined from the MVP season, but he'd still lead the Hawks this year in those categories by a decent margin.  Let's not act like he's some bum that can't play.  He'd still be the best player on the Hawks the minute he walked through the door.  

Now whether those numbers are worth $50M+ per season is a fair discussion.  But saying "he hasn't done much" is a pretty big exaggeration, imo.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Hasn't done much?  Wut?  

KD.thumb.jpg.c05e006ad005191a0ef1172a53f8b1c7.jpg

The highlighted year is his MVP season.  The rest is the last 4 years since his achilles injury.  He's still avg. 27/6.6/5.0 which isn't far off of his MVP season.  He played 75 games this year. He's still shooting 56.0% eFG and 62.6% TS.  I know some of his advanced metrics like PER, WS, and VORP have declined from the MVP season, but he'd still lead the Hawks this year in those categories by a decent margin.  Let's not act like he's some bum that can't play.  He'd still be the best player on the Hawks the minute he walked through the door.  

Now whether those numbers are worth $50M+ per season is a fair discussion.  But saying "he hasn't done much" is a pretty big exaggeration, imo.  

Not sure how long you spent making this post but I almost immediately edited my post about 20 minutes before you posted this to read:

Durant’s teams haven’t done much since he was in GS.  Real questions there despite Durant’s numbers. 

I made the edit for the same reason you point out.  I sat for 30 seconds and thought "that really isn't true, his individual numbers are still there even if he has missed a bunch of games...the issue is really that his teams haven't contended despite him playing with some very big name players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure how long you spent making this post but I almost immediately edited my post about 20 minutes before you posted this to read:

Durant’s teams haven’t done much since he was in GS.  Real questions there despite Durant’s numbers. 

I made the edit for the same reason you point out.  I sat for 30 seconds and thought "that really isn't true, his individual numbers are still there even if he has missed a bunch of games...the issue is really that his teams haven't contended despite him playing with some very big name players.

Yeah...I didn't see the correction.  I just hit reply and then went and made the chart.  Oh well.  Sounds like we are on the same page.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

.  I just hit reply and then went and made the chart. 

😆 I dunno why but that sounded funny, I could see you doin in step by step 😆 

Did you leave after hitting the reply button cuz you said “went” like up outta your seat 💺?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 I dunno why but that sounded funny, I could see you doin in step by step 😆 

Did you leave after hitting the reply button cuz you said “went” like up outta your seat 💺?

Nah. Since I just did a partial quote, I grabbed it from AHF's post and then made the chart from bball reference on my other screen.  I should have just hit refresh before I replied.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Nah. Since I just did a partial quote, I grabbed it from AHF's post and then made the chart from bball reference on my other screen.  I should have just hit refresh before I replied.  

I've done the same thing.  Just felt like I probably wasted your time.  Ah well.  It is a nice chart. If you just remove the games played column then the Suns could use it when people come calling for Durant.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I've done the same thing.  Just felt like I probably wasted your time.  Ah well.  It is a nice chart. If you just remove the games played column then the Suns could use it when people come calling for Durant.

I do love a good chart.  Haha

• Haha 2