• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Player haters only: Trae back on the most overrated list. Murray and Bogi on the most underrated list

NBASupes

Just now, macdaddy said:

No doubt.  It's amazing the hate he gets for a guy who routinely does what others can't.  

I don't get it. Players or Media didn't vote him in for the All star. I don't get it. Who rates him outside of fans? 

It makes no sense why he's always on this list. 

• Like 4

• NBASupes changed the title to Player haters only: Trae back on the most overrated list. Murray and Bogi on the most underrated list
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't get it. Players or Media didn't vote him in for the All star. I don't get it. Who rates him outside of fans? 

It makes no sense why he's always on this list. 

I'm curious too.  There has to be some kind of reason.  There really aren't any players who played with him who had anything bad to say about him and several who have great things to say.   I think a lot of players in the league can't stand getting cooked by a guy who looks like Trae. 

• Like 1

It is easy to explain. This isn't all Traes fault, but the Hawks have to get out the play-in. When teams win the media wouldn't dare put him in the list or other players.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think a lot of players in the league can't stand getting cooked by a guy who looks like Trae. 

And by a guy who talks trash like Trae, while looking like Trae. And the nutmegs, and the foul baiting that embarrasses them. 

Those are exactly the reasons. 

Edited by RandomFan

12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It is easy to explain. This isn't all Traes fault, but the Hawks have to get out the play-in. When teams win the media wouldn't dare put him in the list or other players.

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

And by a guy who talks trash like Trae, while looking like Trae. And the nutmegs, and the foul baiting that embarrasses them. 

Those are exactly the reasons. 

But this is the question.  All the folks that trash him publicly are the ones now calling him "overrated".

Well, if you (meaning 'they') never tout him as an allstar, all-NBA guy ... how or who's "overrating" him? 

Like, who are they talking to or about?  Certainly not the fans.  They're implying that the NBA establishment overrates him but that's hogwash - for the reasons you both mention.

It's pure click generation wrapped in player hatred.

These guys literally ... literally trash him all year to get clicks.  Then bash him on the back end to get moar clicks.

And, as was mentioned, somehow LAL, BKN, SAS and others all want him and he'd be perfect there.  Well, if he's so overrated, make that make sense.

• Like 3

• Moderators

As I saw someone mention, not a single player drafted with or after Trae has led their team farther than he has.  

So as we used to say back in the day: put that in your pipe and smoke it. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

We just need to start winning and all this goes away.  Just the way it is.

That's very true.  it's the way it is with Trae.  Not so much most other stars in the league.  

• Like 2

Trae caught a stray

One player who gave Silver a B said: “There’s a big disparity with the referees still. Referees aren’t consistent with their integrity, the way they approach you, and the NBA has a huge problem on its hands. That’s the biggest thing in the NBA right now: the referees. Some people get calls and some people don’t get calls. It may be the same (play), but if it’s Trae Young or somebody else, it looks different.”

• Like 1

Cousins and Acuna got a vote for favorite non basketball athlete 

Cousins caught a stray tho

When an NBA player named Cousins as his favorite current non-NBA athlete, the response elicited a dumbfounded “Why?” from one writer from The Athletic.

The NBA player said: “Kirk Cousins because he gets paid and doesn’t have to win or don’t have to do anything and made $400 million off of one playoff win. Legend.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Y'all just keep in mind that just like last year, we are talking about a sample size of 81 voters out of over 500 NBA players this year.  And 6 (SIX!!) voted Trae as most overrated.  It's not like the entire NBA is voting him most overrated.  He got 6 votes which - just like last year - gets a giant shoulder shrug from me.  

The lack of respect in the all star voting is FAR more egregious, imo. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae caught a stray

That's an idiot talking.

So a dude that's 170 lbs (maybe) get bumped the same as a guy that's 210 lbs and they expect the same result?  

Force = mass x acceleration 

This is why I get frustrated at the 'flop' discussion.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

LOL.  Trae was 7th in the league in FTA behind Butler and Derozan and a full 4 FTs a game behind Embiid.  I swear if folks are going to hate they at least need to update their reasons. 

Eggsactly.

JoeLLLL out here doing literal tuck 'n rolls after slight contact but Trae is the one catching strays about refs' odd calls?

Cmon, sun. 

• Like 3