• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Really?!

sillent

If I told you we only scored 16 points in the 4th and we had at least a 5 minute span without scoring would you expect a win? What if I told you we won by 18? These are not your average Hawks. We are trying to establish our position in this league and it's always good to be at the top!!

• Like 1

Lets not fall into the same track that Falcons fans have where you beat up on very bad teams and think you are world beaters then when a good team shows up you get smoked.

Are there really even that many teams better then us this year? Just looking at the league right now everyone looks really beatable

• Like 1

Lets not fall into the same track that Falcons fans have where you beat up on very bad teams and think you are world beaters then when a good team shows up you get smoked.

Agreed - but tonight we ran into a great PG (I was worried we would run out of guys to foul him) and a hot Vince Young - a guy who can change a game by himself. They had reasonable bigs too....and we still blew them out.

Now I will be the FIRST to admit we have basically shot the h#ll out of the ball the first two games. But good teams DO shoot well.

I remember as a youngster watching the NBA stats via the newspaper. I always keyed in on team shooting %age..

this is better than us being in close games with bad teams like in previous years.
  • Like 1

Are there really even that many teams better then us this year? Just looking at the league right now everyone looks really beatable

How many teams would be 2-0 with 2 blowouts if their first 2 games were the Nets and Wizards? Im guessing a lot.

Agreed - but tonight we ran into a great PG (I was worried we would run out of guys to foul him) and a hot Vince Young - a guy who can change a game by himself. They had reasonable bigs too....and we still blew them out.

Now I will be the FIRST to admit we have basically shot the h#ll out of the ball the first two games. But good teams DO shoot well.

I remember as a youngster watching the NBA stats via the newspaper. I always keyed in on team shooting %age..

Well this Wizards team also lost to the terrible Nets. Thats all that needs to be said about the Wizards.

I dont want it to seem like im hating on the team already. I just want to see this team go through some legit competition before i make a judgment.

Edited by the_sheff

Atlanta Hawks have ALWAYS been able to win against any team when their shots fall.

This season is no different. I don't care who our opponent is, if our shots fall, we win.

Hot shooting to open the games. That's been the story in the first two. For several

years the Hawks have played decent defense. If anything, it's better this season.

That's a winning combination, regardless of opponent. Heretofore, we have had a

terrible tendency to "play down" to our opponent when we met a weaker team.

Defense and rebounding shouldn't slump. Shooting can go cold and does. We saw

that to begin last night's 4th quarter. Yet, they snapped out of it and went on to win.

Confidence comes with winning. When you've done it before, you know you are

capable of doing it again. As long as we keep winning, I'll not complain.

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

You can't change the schedule. Beat up on the guys that are worse than you and split the ones with guys that are better than you.

Look at it this way: The Hawks could be like the Braves and lose to a lesser Washington team.

How many teams would be 2-0 with 2 blowouts if their first 2 games were the Nets and Wizards? Im guessing a lot.

Well this Wizards team also lost to the terrible Nets. Thats all that needs to be said about the Wizards.

I dont want it to seem like im hating on the team already. I just want to see this team go through some legit competition before i make a judgment.

The Heat nearly got beaten last night by the Bobcats who I'd put just slightly above teams like Washington and New Jersey. Good teams beat up on the teams they should. Sure, you have an off night and a bad team can keep it close or even surprise you (see Atlanta Hawks vs. eventual NBA champ Detroit Pistsons....1 of our 13 wins that season), but 9 out of 10 times you beat those teams. I'm just glad our reserves are getting some key minutes to gel as well as our starters getting some rest to start this crazy opening week to the season for us. I'd like to see us fresh going into Monday's big matchup with Miami.

This season is going to be stranger than most. The top teams are going to loose to the bottom teams just due to schedule. Miami has to be getting fatigued from all the games they've already played. The Hawks are going to catch them at a good time I think.