• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spoiler Alert - Re UGA/Mich St

AHF

• Moderators

Dawgs Unlucky and Too Conservative Down the Stretch

The blow by blow:

Georgia has the ball with about 2 minutes remaining where a first down wins the game. Instead, Georgia takes the equivalent of a knee and gives the ball back with 1:30 remaining.

Georgia goes into a prevent shell and gives up yardage after big yardage, allowing Michigan State to walk the ball to the goal line in about 45 seconds with zero pressure. State scores.

Georgia takes a knee with the ball rather than trying to get in FG range with 13 seconds left so it does not risk a turnover.

Georgia gets the ball in OT needing nothing more than a FG and basically takes a knee. They run one play for 2 yards and then take a knee forcing a kick that is much tougher than it would be if GA picked up some yardage. Georgia is unlucky and misses it.

Then Georgia gets their kick blocked (a low % occurence) to end the game when kicking to tie it up.

- - - -

Maybe Georgia would have lost earlier had it actually tried to go for it and turned it over, but it is hard to stomach that kind of weak loss.

I was so frustrated watching this game. In addition to the above UGA went way too conservative with offensive playcalling way too early. It was very obvious early that there was nothing for Georgia between the tackles yet we saw the sprint draw into the teeth of the line time and again.

I was quite surprised by the decision to run on 3rd and 9 late in the game with the ball and the 7 point lead given that earlier in the year in similar positions they were more aggressive (the Fla game immediately jumps to mind). It was way too early to try to play the clock as 2 mins is an eternity to drive down the field.

Blair Walsh's inconsistencies finally cost the Bulldogs a game -- sad for him to close what was a stellar career with such a disappointing senior season. Richt was taking a gamble playing it ultra-conservative after the interception in view of the fact that nothing has been certain about a Blair Walsh field goal attempt this year.

Still a successful year but some of the old questions still linger after this game -- particularly Bobo's playcalling and our tendency to go conservative too early and play 'not to lose'.

Edited by jhay610

• Moderators

Still a successful year but some of the old questions still linger after this game -- particularly Bobo's playcalling and our tendency to go conservative too early and play 'not to lose'.

It couldn't have been clearer to me that we have one coordinator who raises the bar for this team and raises the level of the team (Grantham) and one who doesn't (Bobo). I hope some team wants to make Bobo their head coach this offseason but I know that not only will there not be anyone who wants to hire Bobo as their head coach, there won't be any decent team that wants Bobo as their offensive coordinator. We are stuck with him until Richt decides to make a move.