• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The "Core" and Bold Moves

AHF

The only untouchable Hawk on my list is Ivan Johnson.

I've been of the "trade whatever it takes" to get Howard or Paul belief from day 1.

I wanted to trade Smoove for Gasol 4 years ago when the Lakers got him for nothing from the Grizz......and I'd still do that deal today even for a 30 year old Gasol.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

If we can't get Howard, tear it down to the bottom. Trade Joe for whatever you can get and if not, amnesty. We should be able to get a good set of picks and younger players for Horford and Smith. We're stuck with MW, but at least he's roster filler until the younger guys are ready to play.

However, the glaring problem with this team is still ownership. Until that is fixed, this franchise is doomed.

Last night's game epitomized why I think Diesel is right that it is OK to gamble our core on the possibility of adding a true superstar. We don't have the leadership or talent on this team to do more than ebb and flow and go out in the first or second round of the playoffs. Given that this is our peak, we either need to make an incremental move to upgrade our talent like getting a Rasheed-like castoff who can push this team to another level or we need to make a daring gamble.

I would trade anyone on this team for a season of Dwight Howard and a shot to convince him to resign. Otherwise, we are looking at staying at our current level for a few years and then painfully degrading as JJ's game falls off a cliff and his salary continues to rise - never good enough to contend and never bad enough to draft a difference-maker.

We do have some talent on this team that should be attractive to other franchises. It is time to cash in those chips and make a bold move.

It is time to make a big move. We have some decent talent and Hinrichs expiring. I felt like we could go 3 and 3 over this touh stretch and pretty sure we will get that. Problem is 3 and 3 is not showing us what a contender would do. Spot on AHF, we need a player that wants to win above anything else. Time to get one of those guys and if JJ was that type of player, he would have stayed in Phoenix with Nash, Amare, and the Matrix