• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The "Core" and Bold Moves

AHF

• Moderators

Last night's game epitomized why I think Diesel is right that it is OK to gamble our core on the possibility of adding a true superstar. We don't have the leadership or talent on this team to do more than ebb and flow and go out in the first or second round of the playoffs. Given that this is our peak, we either need to make an incremental move to upgrade our talent like getting a Rasheed-like castoff who can push this team to another level or we need to make a daring gamble.

I would trade anyone on this team for a season of Dwight Howard and a shot to convince him to resign. Otherwise, we are looking at staying at our current level for a few years and then painfully degrading as JJ's game falls off a cliff and his salary continues to rise - never good enough to contend and never bad enough to draft a difference-maker.

We do have some talent on this team that should be attractive to other franchises. It is time to cash in those chips and make a bold move.

• Like 3

Build around Horford and Teague. Everything else, I could care less what we do with it, as long as we get rid of it.

Horford is part of the problem. I say get Dwight for whatever. And if he doesn't stay sign and trade him for a good young package.

Build around Horford and Teague. Everything else, I could care less what we do with it, as long as we get rid of it.

You can build around Horford but only if you have a PG like Nash, Deron, CP3, and other elite playmaking PG's. Otherwise his lack of creating his own shot is too great for any type of team to overcome. Teague is too inconsistent. You can't build around him at all. He needs to play for a scrub like Smoove or with Dwight Howard who can hide a lot of Jeff's flaws.

Why would anyone build a team with the softest guy on the roster..?? He's a fraud that's scared to step up when it counts. Did you see Joe, T Mac, and Ivans numbers last night? They showed up even with bad shooting nights. He complains too much instead of stepping up and carrying the team. He's a captain too right??

• Moderators

Why would anyone build a team with the softest guy on the roster..?? He's a fraud that's scared to step up when it counts. Did you see Joe, T Mac, and Ivans numbers last night? They showed up even with bad shooting nights. He complains too much instead of stepping up and carrying the team. He's a captain too right??

Which line is better?

20 FGA, 20 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal

7 FGA, 10 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block

I don't get how Joe showed but Horford didn't. Both played low impact basketball last night at best.

Which line is better?

20 FGA, 20 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal

7 FGA, 10 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block

I don't get how Joe showed but Horford didn't. Both played low impact basketball last night at best.

also compare to the amount of money being play for jj, he should have put up at least 40 last night with it being triple OT.

So many people have said it. Barkley said it last night. This team needs a center.

I too think it would be best to hang on to Teague and Horford. The rest are trade bate and replaceable. But that's just my opinion.

We need a superstar more than we need a center. Adding a center who doesn't have much impact doesn't help. The only center we need is Dwight Howard. Horford is better at the position than most of them and the ones he aren't have many injury issues.

I think the problem with this group is that in just about every case, once they got their big $ contracts, they all have started coasting. What was a young and up and coming team, is now a bunch of overpaid guys counting their money. Joe is the worst, but not the only one.

That's right, we need a center. So why hang on to Horford?

Because he is better than all centers not named Dwight. The center we need is in Orlando. The rest have major holes too. Bogut offense is horrid. Hibbert stamina and toughness is awful and imagine that in Atlanta lack of offense, ugh. Bynum is injury prone and doesn't even draw strong doubles thanks to having Gasol and Kobe. It's a lot easier to play with Kobe than it is to play with Joe. Brook is even more soft than Al and doesn't rebound or play D and he might not be the same after the injury. The center position is weak. We could use Okafor if we had CP3 and Horf at PF. But just Okafor, ugh, No.

We need a superstar.

Needs-

1. Superstar

2. true very good PG if we can't get a superstar.

3. Blow it up.

• Like 1

Horford is part of the problem. I say get Dwight for whatever. And if he doesn't stay sign and trade him for a good young package.

Agreed Horford was terrible this year and in the playoffs throughout his career. He is making terrible decisions with passes and drives. We knock on Josh a lot but Al is just as much to blame. He was pushed over by Bosh on defense.

Bottom line, break up the core. It's been fun but change is needed.

Until we get a superstar, everyone will be flawed.

• Premium Member

Well yeah, I would trade everyone on the team, but we would be hard pressed to find a better young PG and PF than Horford (who is shooting almost 60% on the year) and Teague in any trade, so might as well keep those guys and trade Josh "I'm willing to sabotage the entire season so I can feel good about my jump-shot" Smith and Joe "I have so much money now I'd rather spend it on buying a tank and a shoe museum than getting in shape" Johnson. Of course Joe is untradable, and if Josh continues to play like he has he will soon join him in said category, but I'd rather cut those guys and tank the season than continue to get embarrassed on national tv by them. Josh and Joe have basically become a running joke in every opossing team's telecast. Joe less so, but only because of his reputation as an All Star (if I had a dime for every time the opposing announcers say " well, the "insert team" dodged a bullet on that one, can't leave Joe Johnson open from three he will usually bury that shot" after a Joe Johnson brick I'd be able to afford my own 20 million dollar truck). Point is, the only players with significant upside on the team are Horf and Teague, everyone else, I would be relieved if I didn't see play another game for the Hawks ever again.

That's right, we need a center. So why hang on to Horford?

Because he makes a great Power Forward... Who's going to play PF for us if Horf leaves?

Smoove is very talented, don't get me wrong, but he's not your typical PF.

• Premium Member

<p>

<br />

So many people have said it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Barkley said it last night.&nbsp;&nbsp;This team needs a center.<br />

I too think it would be best to hang on to Teague and Horford.&nbsp;&nbsp;The rest are trade bate and replaceable.&nbsp;&nbsp;But that's just my opinion.<br />

</p>

This notion that Horford is untradable is crazy.&nbsp; He is a big trading peice and what we get us the Howard rental, but he has done absolutely nothing to guarantee his spot here over the possibility of getting Howard.</p>

I would trade Horf, Marvin, and Kirk with a 1st for Howard and Hedu this afternoon.&nbsp; And smile so hard that my lips would bleed after it's done.

Well yeah, I would trade everyone on the team, but we would be hard pressed to find a better young PG and PF than Horford (who is shooting almost 60% on the year) and Teague in any trade, so might as well keep those guys and trade Josh "I'm willing to sabotage the entire season so I can feel good about my jump-shot" Smith and Joe "I have so much money now I'd rather spend it on buying a tank and a shoe museum than getting in shape" Johnson. Of course Joe is untradable, and if Josh continues to play like he has he will soon join him in said category, but I'd rather cut those guys and tank the season than continue to get embarrassed on national tv by them. Josh and Joe have basically become a running joke in every opossing team's telecast. Joe less so, but only because of his reputation as an All Star (if I had a dime for every time the opposing announcers say " well, the "insert team" dodged a bullet on that one, can't leave Joe Johnson open from three he will usually bury that shot" after a Joe Johnson brick I'd be able to afford my own 20 million dollar truck). Point is, the only players with significant upside on the team are Horf and Teague, everyone else, I would be relieved if I didn't see play another game for the Hawks ever again.

I know this wasn't the whole point of your post, but the item in bold on JJ is a bit harsh. I'm pretty sure he worked his *ss off this offseason. He's just not producing.

I agree with the rest though.

• Like 1