• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ivan could use more minutes

BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

So I was looking at the stats tables and just out of curiosity wanted to compare Ivan with the other rookies. I know these are just some nimbers, but when checking the PPG stats, that's what we've got:

Name Team GP Min M A Pct M A Pct M A Pct Off Def Tot Ast TO Stl Blk PF

Nikola Vucevic PHI . 13 15.3 2.5 4.6 53.3 0.2 0.3 50.0 0.2 0.5 28.6 1.8 3.2 4.9 0.9 0.5 0.5 0.7 2.2 5.2

Ivan Johnson ATL 18 14.5 1.7 4.0 43.1 0.0 0.0 N/A. 1.7 2.0 83.3 0.9 2.2 3.2 0.6 1.1 0.6 0.3 2.2 5.1

Enes Kanter UTA ... 20 14.3 1.9 4.0 46.8 0.0 0.0 N/A. 1.4 1.9 73.0 2.0 3.1 5.0 0.2 0.8 0.3 0.6 1.3 5.1

Similar productivity in similar minutes. Ivan shines in FT% and has decent FG% and steals per game. Could be a better rebounder, not a shot-blocker @ 6'8", and surely is turnover prone. What could we expect of him if given more minutes?

I think those are some pretty decent stats for a rookie that came out of nowhere. Why the hell is LD still playing Jason Collins 11 minutes a game, anyway?

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Moderators

Collins is big. I think Ivan needs to play a little more fundamentally sound to get more minutes. I think he's great but sometimes he looks like he's just wandering around looking for someone to punish. With quite a few blowouts he's been putting up some nimbers in garbage time.

Still I think he could be our Ben Wallace but with the added bonus of being able to sink a free throw.

Collins is big. I think Ivan needs to play a little more fundamentally sound to get more minutes. I think he's great but sometimes he looks like he's just wandering around looking for someone to punish. With quite a few blowouts he's been putting up some nimbers in garbage time.

Still I think he could be our Ben Wallace but with the added bonus of being able to sink a free throw.

Agreed. Great points.

At last! We've got him!

For many seasons, I have asked, please get us a "Tractor Trailer" type player.

Ivan Johnson is our answer. He can rebound some, shoot some, will not be

intimidated by any one, will not be pushed around under the basket and as

a bonus, Ivan can hit his free throws at a very good %.

"Nine to five" the Hawks have dubbed him because he comes to work every game.

If necessary, we might dub him "The Enforcer" if it really becomes necessary.

Right now, Bob and 'Niques name of "Nine to Five" sounds just right.

GO HAWKS

PS. Home at last. Defend home court tonight with a passion.