• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What \ where is the deal?

Hawksquawk

Scared to move? Why? Starting center goes down. Nothing. Number 3, who is now

our number 2 center, goes down. No move. Nothing.

Hawks are acting like there is no way, no how, nothing that they can do. Don't move!

Someone might see us if we make a move and I'm scared. Be still. Be quiet.

Egad! How much further can we go in freefall before we make a move?

Lately, in fact for three losses in a row, shots REFUSED to go down for Atlanta.

We observed shots hitting the rim, running around the rim, going over the rim

and, the worst, airballs. Then, if we finally manage to draw a foul, we hit on 50%

of them, after shooting about 35% from the floor.

The famous SLEEPWALK is back. Missing the entire first part of the season,

it is back. Watch for it. You'll recognze it from last season. It looks the same.

If our Hawks can stay awake and quit acting like they are trying to get over

a big hangover, if the shots begin to fall again, we have a chance to stop

this tonight. Otherwise ---------------

GO HAWKS

Edited by Gray Mule

Scared to move? Why? Starting center goes down. Nothing. Number 3, who is now

our number 2 center, goes down. No move. Nothing.

Hawks are acting like there is no way, no how, nothing that they can do. Don't move!

Someone might see us if we make a move and I'm scared. Be still. Be quiet.

Egad! How much further can we go in freefall before we make a move?

Lately, in fact for three losses in a row, shots REFUSED to go down for Atlanta.

We observed shots hitting the rim, running around the rim, going over the rim

and, the worst, airballs. Then, if we finally manage to draw a foul, we hit on 50%

of them, after shooting about 35% from the floor.

The famous SLEEPWALK is back. Missing the entire first part of the season,

it is back. Watch for it. You'll recognze it from last season. It looks the same.

If our Hawks can stay awake and quit acting like they are trying to get over

a big hangover, if the shots begin to fall again, we have a chance to stop

this tonight. Otherwise ---------------

GO HAWKS

You had me at EGAD...haven't seen that word in print since my Archie comic days.

We are doomed. The inaction by the Hawks front office just does not make sense. Guys playing out of position for too many minutes is starting to affect us. Josh was guarding the Phoenix Centers at some point in game.

LD's rotations have been horrible, no rhyme or reason its like let throw something out and see if it sticks.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

We all know our ownership wants to stay out of luxury land. We also know they tried to sell the team this past summer. I do not expect a big move that would strap us with another huge salary or get us a player in Howard that may not stay for any of our good players that are locked in.

Honestly this group of owners could be wishing for the lottery. Getting another young player on the cheap via the draft would make this franchise much more attractive. Not implying they had some vodoo like influence with Horf being injured, but once that happened most of us including them knew we had a 1 in a 100 chance at getting to the NBA finals this season.

They may try and dump Hinrich in a swap that does not put them in luxury. But I do not expect any daring move or big risk player. Howard is not happening unless they see it as a salary dump when he walks next year ;)

• Like 1

I'm not expecting Howard. He would be great, but at what cost?

D League players don't cost that much and there are some pretty

good ones available to fill in while our others heal.

Me. I'd sure like to have a new $80,000.00 sports car. (Maybe it's my second childhood

speaking) but I have a 26 year old 240 Volvo that gets me there and brings me back.

Hawks can't afford Howard, as I can't afford that new sports car. They should shop

lower, much lower, on the price scale. Players are out there.

to_keep_order.gif

Yea, who knows. I think the Hawks would go into luxury tax to get Howard.

Maybe they are waiting to see how desperate Orlando gets as we move closer to the trade deadline (March 15th). Even if the Hawks don't land Howard, they might be able to become part of the trade and get some good players without giving up much.

I can certainly relate with the frustration though. This team is so close to becoming a contender. I just can't believe that Sund is sitting on his *ss doing nothing. At the very least he has to be developing trades, of which, I'm sure 95% won't ever come to fruition.

There's more to come as the Ides of March approaches.

• Squawkers

CLEVELAND - MARCH 29: Erick Dampier #25 of the Miami Heat is surrounded by Cleveland Cavaliers defenders during the game on March 29, 2011 at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement.  (Photo by Jared Wickerham/Getty Images)

Per an official release by the team, the Atlanta Hawks have signed free agent center Erick Dampier to a 10-day contract. Atlanta had been looking to add depth to its front court after injuries sidelined Al Horford and Jason Collins. Dampier appeared in 51 games for the Heat last season averaging 2.5 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.

The Full Release:

The Atlanta Hawks today signed 15-year veteran center Erick Dampier to a 10-day contract, according to Executive Vice President/General Manager Rick Sund.

Selected 10th overall by Indiana in the 1996 NBA Draft, Dampier has played in 972 regular season games and 57 playoff contests with Indiana, Golden State, Dallas and Miami. He appeared in 51 games last season for the Heat, averaging 2.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg and 0.9 bpg (.584 FG%, .545 FT%).

He's averaged 7.5 ppg, 7.2 rpg and 1.4 bpg over his career (.498 FG%, .626 FT%). With 6,980 career rebounds and 1,394 blocks, Dampier ranks 14th and 7th respectively on the NBA active career lists. His 2,713 offensive boards ranks 5th among active players.

Dampier will wear uniform no. 25.

For more on the Atlanta Hawks check out SB Nation Atlanta, follow Jason Walker and Kris Willis, along with Peachtree Hoops on Twitterand check out the Peachtree Hoops Facebook Fan Page.

di
di

View the full article