• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Enough is ENOUGH Larry Drew! MAKE SOME FREAKING CHANGES!

willthepureshooter

Jeff Teague is not a PG or even a good combo one who can run PG. We need a PG who can run the PnR. I don't care if that's a combo PG like Lin or Mayo.

LOL! Wtf?! Seriously I have no comment after that statement. But I'm glad Jordy noticed what went on during the game. Some people are blind to the facts even when they're wrong.

Hinrich's individual defense against Nash wasn't that much better than Teague's. He benefited because the Hawks decided to go zone in the fourth quarter from what I remember. With Smoove and Willie hitting shots and making that lineup look good, LD didn't want to make any changes. To a certain extent I can understand that, but make no mistake, the Hawks aren't even in a position to win that game without Teague's big contribution. I'm not trying to slam Hinrich, but keeping it 100. He was just on the floor at the right time.

Up until that point when we went zone Nash hadn't scored a single point in the 2nd half as I believe he was stuck on 15 until late in the 4th. The same 15 that he had at halftime when Teague was the primary man guarding him.

• Premium Member

Up until that point when we went zone Nash hadn't scored a single point in the 2nd half as I believe he was stuck on 15 until late in the 4th. The same 15 that he had at halftime when Teague was the primary man guarding him.

If that's the case, you have to pat Teague on the back since he played the vast majority of the third quarter. Also, Kirk played a good bit in the first half too, so Teague was by no means the only one who guarded Nash in the first half.

Look I'm not saying Teague played stellar d on Nash, but Hinrich didn't either and he didn't provide much on the offensive end. The reason he stayed on the floor the entire fourth quarter was because LD was too scared to change lineup, not because Hinrich's defense was so great.

If that's the case, you have to pat Teague on the back since he played the vast majority of the third quarter. Also, Kirk played a good bit in the first half too, so Teague was by no means the only one who guarded Nash in the first half.

Look I'm not saying Teague played stellar d on Nash, but Hinrich didn't either and he didn't provide much on the offensive end. The reason he stayed on the floor the entire fourth quarter was because LD was too scared to change lineup, not because Hinrich's defense was so great.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree but I saw Hinrich playing much better defense on him than Teague was. And don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Teague, but he's been abused quite a bit by PGs this year and the numbers show that from well before Hinrich was healthy.

LD was "too scared" to change the lineup? Why does it have to be that he was scared and not that he deserves credit for making some changes and sticking with the hot guys, which is what people around here have been screaming for. Now he does that and apparently it's because he's scared?

• Premium Member

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree but I saw Hinrich playing much better defense on him than Teague was. And don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Teague, but he's been abused quite a bit by PGs this year and the numbers show that from well before Hinrich was healthy.

LD was "too scared" to change the lineup? Why does it have to be that he was scared and not that he deserves credit for making some changes and sticking with the hot guys, which is what people around here have been screaming for. Now he does that and apparently it's because he's scared?

When I say LD was too scared to change the lineup, I'm actually implying that he didn't want to go away from what was working at the time. He was "too scared" to go away from that lineup in that situation and I agree with that decision. You stick with what's working until they can stop it.

I agree that Teague has has his struggles defensively, but I attribute alot of that to him being basically a first year player (he sat for two years and playing in practice ain't the same as playing regular real game minutes). As time passes, I have no doubt he'll improve, because he's got all the tools.