Diesel

• Premium Member

We got"

Ed Malloy

Scott Foster

Scott Wall

as our three man crew..

Look up their statistics.

You got to like the numbers that you see for Malloy and Foster.

But the Foster numbers worry me.

He only refed one game this year.

Posted Image

He went strongly with the road team.

"

NBA referee Scott Foster found himself in a late-game controversy for the second time in a week while refereeing a Sunday afternoon game between the Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre.

The Raptors had the ball in a sideline out of bounds situation with four seconds remaining in the fourth quarter and the Lakers leading, 93-92. Despite Raptors coach Dwane Casey's attempt to call a timeout, Foster whistled the Raptors for a 5-second violation. The Lakers went on to win the game, 94-92, when a DeMar DeRozan jumper at the buzzer was no good.

Video replay of the call was not conclusive, but it did show Casey walking back to the bench as if he had been granted a timeout, only to turn around in disbelief once he realized what had happened. Casey then apparently yelled: "Oh, come on, Scott!"

Post-Game Update: Here's Casey's reaction to the call from Robert MacLeod of TheGlobeAndMail.com and comments from Raual Butler, who was inbounding the ball on the play.

“I asked for him [Foster] to count out loud for me, to help me out a little bit,” a subdued Butler said. “He did, I heard four and I turned to call a timeout and he felt like it was five seconds.”

Foster was the referee who whistled Portland Trail Blazers All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge for a late-game goaltending call on a shot by Oklahoma City Thunder All-Star forward Kevin Durant that helped push OKC to an overtime win at the Rose Garden on Monday. The NBA later admitted Foster got the call wrong.

Notice.. two marquis teams got the benefit of the doubt from Foster. Is he the NBA's hired hand?