• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Last night.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Considering that Boston had Allen and Rondo all healthy to go with the other two... I start off proud of our guys.I would like to applaud LD for finding Tmac and Damp.Though Damp was Terribly out of shape, he came in and contributed. The combination of Collins and Damp on KG is good because it makes KG work. You can tell Boston was waiting for us to go to Extreme Small ball because when we did, they went to KG without a second thought. But with Damp and Collins on him, there was less from KG.In an overtime game, it's hard not to look at FTs, missed shots, blown assignments,and stuff like that. I would be easy to criticize Marv for his misses and his FTs but no need for that. I just wish Marvin were more impactful.It was good to see everybody defer to Teague bringing up the ball. He only had the one brain freeze when he turned the ball over. For the most part, he did an excellent job of bringing it up and getting us into our offense.We are better than Boston when the ball moves. We play into their hands when we allow the ball to stand still. Listening to JVG, I really wanted him for our next coach because he would force Joe to make quicker decisions with the ball.Like him or not, Joe was clutch last night.For anybody to sit up and watch last night's game and think that we are overmatched, need to get your freakin eyes checked. We can beat this team. It might take 7 games, but we will beat this team. We need either Marvin, Green, Hinrich, or Pargo to step up.

Hawks hit a good % of their free throws - - 12-15. That's 2 points lessthan PP, who had a 14-14 night. He is the top player in being able todraw the foul. JJ escaped this on the last shot in regulation.My question is: How can the Celtics play the great defense that theydo and not foul?PROUD OF THESE HAWKS!!!

My thought is that even though we lost, the Celtics are not a very good team. We are down our top 3 bigs, and basically Drew had to cobble together a roster of guys with creaky knees, too much age and too little conditioning and still nearly won. It was pretty clear that during the game he was trying to find some combinatin of players that could do something. How many games would a team with the roster we played last night win during a regular season (82 games)? I'm guess it would be in the 30's at best. Its a shame we lost, but there was no shame in this loss. BTW - perhaps Pierce's poor night had something do with his mocking "Tebow" the other night. Or as they say "Bad Karma." Just sayin.

• Like 1

I'm not into moral victories, but under the circumstances we played well. If Josh hadn't gotten hurt, we'd be up 2 to 1, maybe 3 to 0. And winning 3 in a row (assuming we don"t win tomorrow) with 2 at Philips is not out of the question, especially if Josh and Za Za can get back. If Marvin had contributed any offense at all, Hawks win last night. Same effort with Josh and better Marvin can get it done tomorrow, just don't be intimidated. I'd love to make the C's pay for their arrogance in giving us homecourt (or more likely assuming they could win it with their subs).