• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

1 FT and 1 Rebound

NiquesBiggestFan

It wasn't a very good shot but it was 3 seconds left. Just a bad play run by Drew that left Joe to find JS in a rough spot.

Excactly - EXACTLY - this happens FAR too often. JJ (with his ponderous approach) dribbles between his legs and such like he did in his sophomore year in high school film) and finally realizes he is shut down...and passes (usually low) to somebody (usually Josh) to take the shot with 3 or so left on the shot clock (and nobody moving because thay were all watching the ISO Joe). So Smoove shoots and everybody gets p!ssed at him.I swear - if you take the jumpers that Smoove takes that aren't ISO Joe bailouts - I bet he shoots as well as most....better than many. Edited by DJlaysitup

Excactly - EXACTLY - this happens FAR too often. JJ (with his ponderous approach) dribbles between his legs and such like he did in his sophomore year in high school film) and finally realizes he is shut down...and passes (usually low) to somebody (usually Josh) to take the shot with 3 or so left on the shot clock (and nobody moving because thay were all watching the ISO Joe). So Smoove shoots and everybody gets p!ssed at him.I swear - if you take the jumpers that Smoove takes that aren't ISO Joe bailouts - I bet he shoots as well as most....better than many.

Normally I would agree with you but today isn't that day. Joe barely iso'd this whole game, and most of Josh's jumpers were just stupid isolation jumpers early in the clock.

JJ didn't pass it to josh on that possession. JJ dribbled it up the court and gave it to teague. Teague passed it to Marvin and Marvin passed it to josh. Joe was on the other side of josh

Close but no cigar. there was a pass as far as getting it up the court...Teague and Marvin passed quickly...JJ "did his thing" and ran down the clock before passing (poorly) to Smoove. Smoove was stuck with trying to pass to guys who weren't moving - or shoot.I will admit that Smoove should have realized that he had enough time to drive (even against good defense) but when you get the ball with few seconds left on the clock (and you aren't really watching it - just keeping it in your head) what are you gonna do?This is why we need a quality Point Guard who has playoff experience.

• Premium Member

Are u sure? I swore JJ didnt get it in that possession. I tried to go back and watch it because I recorded it but it cut off with 43 seconds left.

I just looked at the play again at nba leaguepassJoe brings the ballPass to Teague (:18 left to shoot)Teague to Marvin (:16 to shoot)Marvin to Horford (:13 to shoot)Horford to Smith (:07 to shoot)Dumb jumper (:06 to shoot)How is that not Josh's fault?

I just looked at the play again at nba leaguepassJoe brings the ballPass to Teague (:18 left to shoot)Teague to Marvin (:16 to shoot)Marvin to Horford (:13 to shoot)Horford to Smith (:07 to shoot)Dumb jumper (:06 to shoot)How is that not Josh's fault?

OK, Ok, ok....Maybe I was wrong on the last play (apologize)...but it did come down to that late very often (JJ playing out the clock and passing late to Josh or whoever)....I was going by (1/4th drunk) memory.Even if BrazHawk has his times right we are looking at Smoove getting the ball with 4-6 seconds left and nobody moving to get a cutter pass. What are you going to do? Drive and dish to a bunch of standers?Bottom line is we need a real PG - not a wannabe Wade. Edited by DJlaysitup

Joe seemed too content to defer in crunch time. He played terrible the entire series, but what hurt me the most is the way he played in the last few minutes of the 4th. We needed the Joe from 08.