• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Dwight goes to LA and re-signs, the "Mark Teixeira Treatment" shall be in place

ATLscrubLove

I love basketball and the Hawks but there is too much corruption within the sport, David Stern being the main culprit. Now I do realize he will be a free agent after this season but after he sees all the glamor of LA I doubt he will want to leave. In which case I would then have to give him the "Mark Teixeira treatment." This meaning if you are from Atlanta and you play or have the opportunity to play for an Atlanta team but you pass it up to make a ton of money or to have the spot light in a big city, thus making your very existence regurgitating to the city of Atlanta and all of its fans. The Hawks would have a beast of a team if everyone or some of the players from here would stay, it makes me mad just thinking about it. Honestly next year if Dwight is in LA I would go to the game just to boo and throw crap at him.

Who knows.

• Like 1

This is not college where one of the proven methods is to keep your talent in state. The Hawks had a chance to draft a lot of local kids and only made good on Smith, Nique, and scrubs. Nique is not from Atl but going to Georgia made him a in state kid. Hawks could have drafted Lou Williams and a host of other local kids and passed. Could have drafted Marshon if they did not give up too many assets for Kirk. Why should they turn around and feel obligated to come to the Hawks when the Hawks passed on them? I definitely think pride needs to be restored and something needs to be done about things like people overtaking the building but I don't think the best thing to do about it is get a bunch of local kids. Josh Smith is a local kid and I think his on court actions are the biggest problem for this team going forward. He is also the one running around talking about the organization not being serious about winning.

Edited by MrMeltdown

yeah but Tex played college ball at Tech so I get his point. and yes. he is HATED lol