• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Weird childhood stories

DrReality

OK, Ok, ok...since this is in response to "Weird Childhood Stories"...I guess this is an OK place to post this story. I was nine years old when I had the "dream". I was drowning in mud...it was the middle of the night...the only time in my life that I had anything that could be called a nightmare. I was screaming. At that time we lived in a small house and I didn't have my own room...I slept in a separate bed in the same room (off to the side and with a curtain) with my Mom and Dad. My Dad got over to me almost immediately when I started screaming. Dad was a big man, but not a man I feared, he had never struck me...we were fishing buddies. Anyway - I put that in there to explain that there was no abuse or fear. Dad shook me when I wouldn't come out of it. It took a few hard shakes because as I remember it was his big hands on my shoulders taking me out of the mud. I wasn't convinced by any means though and I tried to explain to him that we were in a deathtrap and we HAD to get OUT. He then walked me around the house and let me touch things...I said there was a plie of dirt and he put my hand on it to show me that it was just the dresser. Slowly things seemed to make sense again. I realized we weren't all dying under a slurry of dirt. Then Dad got me back to bed and I never had a nightmare again. BUT...years later I heard about the Aberfan disaster...the time would have been perfect with Welsh time...and..of course...I'm part Welsh.... http://www.nuffield....berfan/desc.htm

Edited by PetroBlast