• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 months and counting...

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Man oh man, I have never been this anxious for an upcoming NBA season. The suspense for this upcoming season is killing me. Finally, the fresh start that we have all been looking for. I am so ready to see how the team plays w/o ISO Joe or Duck Butt trying to figure out where he should be on the floor. I want to see how Teague and Horford handle the extra offensive burden. I want to see if there is a diamond amongst the pile of scrubs we got in the Joe trade. I want to see if Jenkins can be our 2 guard of the future and how DeShawn and especially Lou play into our scheme. Also, I am really interested to see if DF pulls the trigger on any more trades and how the trade deadline goes. And I believe the biggest question of the season is to see if Smoove can be the All-Star on this team. He is now our leader... It would be an understatement to say that I'm excited about the New Look Hawks! I just hope that the Falcons will be enough to get me to November. Go Hawks!

• Like 3

While I def share in the excitement I disagree that Josh is our leader. If he is then we are in trouble. I think Josh will be a crucial asset to our success or failure but Teague or Al will need to step up as our leader. Josh needs to humbly dominate his role for us to succeed. Lead by example if you will.

• Moderators

I could see Horford being our leader, but the reason I said Smoove is because he is the one that was and still is in the spotlight for us and those are the types that are made into the "leader" on a squad. He is the one with the most to prove this season too... There is no questioning his work-ethic, but I agree, he needs to humbly dominate is role on the team. I would love Horford to become the one that becomes the leader and everyone follows his example... He is a winner and doesn't quit until the clock runs out.

Are you sure these three words belong together?

1- Smooove - 2- Humble - 3 - Leadership

Hopefully, he will show the maturity to do this. This will be great

if he can do it. I'm all for him assuming the leadership and setting

a great example for all the other Hawks.

Can he do it? Hopefully, the answer will be a big YES! We'll see.

Posted Image

Are you sure these three words belong together?

1- Smooove - 2- Humble - 3 - Leadership

Hopefully, he will show the maturity to do this. This will be great

if he can do it. I'm all for him assuming the leadership and setting

a great example for all the other Hawks.

Can he do it? Hopefully, the answer will be a big YES! We'll see.

Posted Image

I agree GM. Smith's on-court behaivor doesn't lend itself to leadership.

Horford I can see some leadership in, but none of the current team appears to have that full leadership ability like some of the greats.

Josh and Al will both be All-Stars. I don't see how it's possible for Al not to be an All-Star. Not to many good Centers in the east; especially since Dwight is on the west coast now. Al already made the roster, regardless of how he plays. (pretty much)

Edited by AHawks89

I think Al should be our "leader," while Josh should be our fire, if that makes any sense. Josh can get people fired up, but Horford has more room to hold people accountable.

Definitely agree with this. Josh is my favorite player on the team, but he's not a leader type of person; meaning I can't see him getting the team together giving speeches and such. Josh is the player who can lead by example, as well as Al, but Josh can change the whole game by a huge dunk or block.

I think Al should be our "leader," while Josh should be our fire, if that makes any sense. Josh can get people fired up, but Horford has more room to hold people accountable.

I also agree with this. But, I am holding out hope that Teague will also step up although I have serious doubts he will become that type of player. I just think it would be in our best interest

• Moderators

I also agree with this. But, I am holding out hope that Teague will also step up although I have serious doubts he will become that type of player. I just think it would be in our best interest

I don't see Teague become the leader on this team. When Smoove denies him the ball and decides to walk the ball up himself and then Teague just accepts it a runs to the far corner, it makes me doubt that Teague can develop the leadership role. I can see a point where Harris takes over the starting role this season and Teague takes a backseat and becomes our 7th man. Although, if this happens, we can almost be guaranteed that DF drafts PG next year.

I don't see Teague become the leader on this team. When Smoove denies him the ball and decides to walk the ball up himself and then Teague just accepts it a runs to the far corner, it makes me doubt that Teague can develop the leadership role. I can see a point where Harris takes over the starting role this season and Teague takes a backseat and becomes our 7th man. Although, if this happens, we can almost be guaranteed that DF drafts PG next year.

This is Teague's year to prove that he can be that leader. If Josh is still walking the ball up or handling the ball in transition that is on LD as well.