• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rebuilding or Re-structuring?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/are-the-hawks-restructuring-or-rebuilding/ I think the term we’ve been using is restructuring,” Williams said during the team’s media day. “I don’t think we’re really rebuilding right now. Obviously we still have guys who can play at a high level. Al [Horford] coming back off of his injury and he’s an All-Star guy. In my opinion, I felt like Josh [smith] should have been an All-Star last year. You still have guys here who are more than capable.” One of the team’s strengths this season will be the backcourt with Williams, Jeff Teague and former All-Star Devin Harris expected to get the lion’s share of minutes at guard. From afar, Williams has admired both of his new backcourt mates. “Jeff has come into his own as a point guard,” Williams said of Teague’s emergence as a floor general. “Myself and Devin have been established in this league for a number of years. So I don’t really think we’re rebuilding. I think we’re restructuring honestly. We have a lot of new pieces and that’s what training camp is for. Once we put the pieces in the right place, I think we’ll be able to compete immediately.” While the collection of long-range gunners will get a lot of attention, head coach Larry Drew believes it is the speed of his backcourt which will disrupt opposing defenses. Drew feels Teague, Williams and Harris may be the fastest backcourt in the entire league.

http://www.hoopsworl...-or-rebuilding/ I think the term we’ve been using is restructuring,” Williams said during the team’s media day. “I don’t think we’re really rebuilding right now. Obviously we still have guys who can play at a high level. Al [Horford] coming back off of his injury and he’s an All-Star guy. In my opinion, I felt like Josh [smith] should have been an All-Star last year. You still have guys here who are more than capable.” One of the team’s strengths this season will be the backcourt with Williams, Jeff Teague and former All-Star Devin Harris expected to get the lion’s share of minutes at guard. From afar, Williams has admired both of his new backcourt mates. “Jeff has come into his own as a point guard,” Williams said of Teague’s emergence as a floor general. “Myself and Devin have been established in this league for a number of years. So I don’t really think we’re rebuilding. I think we’re restructuring honestly. We have a lot of new pieces and that’s what training camp is for. Once we put the pieces in the right place, I think we’ll be able to compete immediately.” While the collection of long-range gunners will get a lot of attention, head coach Larry Drew believes it is the speed of his backcourt which will disrupt opposing defenses. Drew feels Teague, Williams and Harris may be the fastest backcourt in the entire league.

I think we should lock Zaza in for a 4/16 extention. Bigs are hard to come by. How long is Lou's contract?

• Moderators

We are restructuring this team. Half of the core + Zaza and Teague are still here and we added good players in Stevenson, Lou, Korver, and Jenkins. It's definitely a restructuring. I believe you have to tank before you can rebuild and we haven't done that...

Re-structuring for sure.

The Atlanta Hawks are in "semi-rebuilding" mode as Josh Smith enters the final season of his contract.

“My mindset is making it to the playoffs,” Smith said. “I’m not worrying about any contract discussions. I think the team and I are on the same page. We know what we are going to do. My main concern is making the playoffs and winning basketball games.”

With Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams departed, there may be more room for Smith to operate.

“I think he has improved his outside shot,” Drew said. “I think he has to be a little bit more selective with his outside shot. He has certainly improved his low post game. I still think he can be even better. I think he’s one of the best power forwards in our league in rebounding out of his space and getting the ball and initiating the break. I think he is one of the best defenders in our league because he can defend all five positions. I think he is one of the smartest basketball players that I’ve coached. This guy sees things before they even take place. He is a student of the game. He watches a lot of film. Does he have to be better in how to deal with the officials? Yes he does.

“I think his overall game, his overall approach, he has to improve in all those areas. I think he knows that.”

Smith is likely to wait until the offseason to agree to a longer deal, as an extension would be for just three seasons.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223784/Josh_Smith_Focused_On_Leading_Hawks_To_Playoffs_Not_Contract#ixzz28BGn44Qb