• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think we are scaring teams into trades/resigning players

Sothron

Given his subpar play of late, I would be shocked if he doesn't shake loose. I think the Kings will be ready to let him walk and hitch their wagon to Cousins and other young Kings. Tyreke is a bit of a low efficiency chucker with zero ability to stretch the floor and who needs to dominate the ball while lacking playmaking ability. I am not excited about the prospect of signing him.

I am basing my previous post mostly on him continuing to play throughout the season like he did tonight against the Bulls. He has shown some potential in the past perhaps it all clicks for him.

I'm not "claiming" anything. You said Harden wasn't resigned which frankly was a bit ridiculous since everyone that follows the NBA knew he was going to accept their five year max offer.

Oh yes, because clearly I have no idea about what is going on with the NBA and must be a moron when it comes to these kinds of things. You are so right Soth.

Posted Image

• Moderators

I am basing my previous post mostly on him continuing to play throughout the season like he did tonight against the Bulls. He has shown some potential in the past perhaps it all clicks for him.

When it all clicks for him, he is spectacular. It is just too often you sit there and wonder if the lights are on up stairs. Granted, I have hardly watched every game he has played the last couple seasons but I have followed him tightly through the press since I had him on a fantasy roster and he was just frustrating to follow. He actually reminds me a bit of a swingman version of Josh Smith. Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

Oh yes, because clearly I have no idea about what is going on with the NBA and must be a moron when it comes to these kinds of things. You are so right Soth.

Posted Image

Sensitive much? Where did I call you a "moron"? All I said was that it was widely accepted Harden was going to sign the max five year offer sheet since it had been reported everywhere and you are the one that disagreed with me over it. One day later he inked the contract to make it official. There's no need to take things personally.

When it all clicks for him, he is spectacular. It is just too often you sit there and wonder if the lights are on up stairs. Granted, I have hardly watched every game he has played the last couple seasons but I have followed him tightly through the press since I had him on a fantasy roster and he was just frustrating to follow. He actually reminds me a bit of a swingman version of Josh Smith.

I don't want any part of Evans. Not even on a minimum contract.

Soth try reading between the lines, it was not a given he would sign an extension. If I remember correctly, wasn't it "a given" that Manning would resign with us waaaay back when we traded Nique for him? Or Elton Brand would resign with the Clip show after they signed B-Diddy? These are just two off the top of my head, the point being you shouldn't think the sky is falling because of something that might happen. Your original chicken little post was about "all these trades and extensions" when there was really only one/two extensions of note. Turns out you were right about those future extensions (congrats!) but the original idea that WE are scaring teams into those situations is baseless.

• Premium Member

Soth try reading between the lines, it was not a given he would sign an extension. If I remember correctly, wasn't it "a given" that Manning would resign with us waaaay back when we traded Nique for him? Or Elton Brand would resign with the Clip show after they signed B-Diddy? These are just two off the top of my head, the point being you shouldn't think the sky is falling because of something that might happen. Your original chicken little post was about "all these trades and extensions" when there was really only one/two extensions of note. Turns out you were right about those future extensions (congrats!) but the original idea that WE are scaring teams into those situations is baseless.

Do you seriously think Houston would have traded all those assets for Harden if he hadn't already agreed to sign a five year extension? There's no way that deal happens otherwise. There's several of those trades/extensions that I have already mentioned and others have as well. Jrue Holiday Ty Lawson Steph Curry James Harden Serge Ibaka Derozan That's just off the top of my head. If you don't think that teams are not aware that Atlanta and Dallas are sitting on gobs of cap space and with an eye at the free agent class then I don't know what to say. It is clear that with the dollars being thrown around (almost 10 million for Gibson, 10 million for Derozan) on these deals that teams are desperate to keep players from reaching this offseason as free agents with teams like Atlanta can offer max deal or more money than their respective teams are comfortable with paying.

Do you seriously think Houston would have traded all those assets for Harden if he hadn't already agreed to sign a five year extension? There's no way that deal happens otherwise.

Yes I think that is possible. Seeing as they were willing to do that exact package for Dwight without any assurance of him resigning, yes I do. And I follow this stuff a lot closer than you do.

There's several of those trades/extensions that I have already mentioned and others have as well.

Jrue Holiday

Ty Lawson

Steph Curry

James Harden

Serge Ibaka

Derozan

That's just off the top of my head. If you don't think that teams are not aware that Atlanta and Dallas are sitting on gobs of cap space and with an eye at the free agent class then I don't know what to say. It is clear that with the dollars being thrown around (almost 10 million for Gibson, 10 million for Derozan) on these deals that teams are desperate to keep players from reaching this offseason as free agents with teams like Atlanta can offer max deal or more money than their respective teams are comfortable with paying.

Nostradamus, those all happened AFTER your thread was posted. I have already mentioned this.

Posted Image

• Premium Member

Yes I think that is possible. Seeing as they were willing to do that exact package for Dwight without any assurance of him resigning, yes I do. And I follow this stuff a lot closer than you do.

Nostradamus, those all happened AFTER your thread was posted. I have already mentioned this.

Posted Image

I have tried to be the nice guy here but these childish passive aggressive photos or comments are just sad. It is apparent you are trying to goad some kind of reaction from me but you are not going to get it.

And just a FYI: saying you follow things more than someone else is just an excuse to get a "My dad can beat up your dad" argument started and I'm not going there. If you think you follow things more closely than I do when you didn't even know Harden was going to sign a five year max deal before it actually happened then I'm leaving it at that.

And another FYI: not all those re signings happened after my post. That was the whole point of my post to point out that several of the guys that posters here were talking about were being taken off the free agency list. Not once have I claimed to have foreknowledge of anything. You might want to take the time to read your own childish images before you accuse someone else of not reading.

Look guys. Harden was a RESTRICTED free agent. Houston is actually doing him a favor signing him to that max rather than matching someone else's max. He knows he wasn't leaving Houston. Houston would've matched whatever offer he received. Instead, they showed some faith in him and signed him to the team's max. Edited by TheFuzz